Racey bull x or heavy bull x?

I know alot of people on this forum do and dont like bull x's so I was just wondering the ones who do like the bull x's which ones do you prefer the racey type or the big headed heavy type? As they both do the job very well! Or are you not bothered either way?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

not bothered , they both serve a purpose , and do it well

One like this one, my one lol.

The big headed bit don't make one bit of difference, as my old mate used to say, big heads don't catch foxes, long legs do..!   Though so far, looks like I'm the only one who would go for the strong

Posted Images

if your gonna lamp it a racy one will be better,had excellent heavy bullx nearly 40kg but lacked stamina due to weight muscle,etc and had the same turning circle as a battleship.if u want a terriers mans lurcher then maybe a heavy set one would suit.

racey over heavy everytime,half x prob be no use to me just tend to favour the 1/4 bull,iv always wondered is a half x really bred to run? each to their own i say and what they use it for :thumbs:

i know what u mean but there is always the half crosses that throw to the racey side like this on of mine 23 1/2 tts 55 lb 12 month old

post-51717-0-79090800-1299872290_thumb.jpg

post-51717-0-24514600-1299872307_thumb.jpg

Like has been said, dogs are bred for different types of work, so its logical people keep the sort that suits its job(s).

I have always kept dogs as strong as possible but need to be very fast with it, So racey with a big strong jaw for me.

racey over heavy everytime,half x prob be no use to me just tend to favour the 1/4 bull,iv always wondered is a half x really bred to run? each to their own i say and what they use it for :thumbs:

i know what u mean but there is always the half crosses that throw to the racey side like this on of mine 23 1/2 tts 55 lb 12 month old

Thats a lovely lurcher Ruby Jet, a credit to you, tip top condition, as you say, not all first crosses are heavy, most are fair enough, but not all of them. Had both sorts, but as has been stated, depends what your after, although nowadays, i'd go for the more athletic type, better suited to "multi tasking", jmho.

B :thumbs: