Whats your fav book

just after listening to the radio on the way home from a meeting today, and i heard the dj's chatting about past childhood experiences,

and what books they liked, so what book makes you think on your childhood,

For me one was moonfleet, And the other believe it or not was the SAS survival handbook...lol loads of info...

and some of the ladybird books while learning how to read.. puss in boots was one...lol

ATB.

Snap.

Kes, quality

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

book called "The Run Aways" .... about a lad runs away from detention centre (i think , memory not as it was lol) and a cheetah who has escaped from local wild life centre , based in the english countryside , the lad gets involved with an old poacher and the cheetah is entwined in his adventures , my discription sounds terrible :blink: but it was rivertin when i was a kid, anyone else read this book .

I read it ,front cover was the heads of the boy and the cheetah pointing in the same direction , I was fanatical about mythology when i was about 9 or 10 and I loved stories of the greek gods and stuff ,my teacher at the time gave me 2 old books Homers the iliad and the odyssey , I read them over and over again even though I was to young to really appreciate them , still got them in my mums house brilliant .

started off with Lady Bird Books, famous 5 & secret 7,then on to 101 dalmations & tarka the otter etc, nathan is a good book, other plummer books were good for teenage lads to read i used to always have one on order from the libary.

book called "The Run Aways" .... about a lad runs away from detention centre (i think , memory not as it was lol) and a cheetah who has escaped from local wild life centre , based in the english countryside , the lad gets involved with an old poacher and the cheetah is entwined in his adventures , my discription sounds terrible :blink: but it was rivertin when i was a kid, anyone else read this book .

I read it ,front cover was the heads of the boy and the cheetah pointing in the same direction , I was fanatical about mythology when i was about 9 or 10 and I loved stories of the greek gods and stuff ,my teacher at the time gave me 2 old books Homers the iliad and the odyssey , I read them over and over again even though I was to young to really appreciate them , still got them in my mums house brilliant .

just found it on google .... smiler the lad was known as , 1972 it was released but i must off read it late 70s , there was 2 follow ons so im buyin the 3 off them , see if i can relive my youth :whistling:

yep i read this book at school. was just looking through the posts and was about to put this one on. victor caning i think wrote it. top book. loved it.

as above, runaways. also a book called smith. about a young pick pocket boy set in the victorian times. no earlier than that, anyway gets sent to highgate prison to await hanging. wont spoil it, cos its still worth a read now.