• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put your cocks away lads, and get the thread back on track.

Yous are all laughable. Even the most mentally challenged dogman would realize that a fit and healthy red stag in its prime is NEVER going to be had with one dog.   I work alongside reds every day w

theres a pic in one of darcy books of a stag taken with two bull crosses. . .

Posted Images

THE TROUBLE HIS HERE THE NONE BELIEVERS AND THE DOUBTERS , BELIEVE BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT WITNESSED IT THEMSELVES OR SEEN OR OWNED A ANIMAL CAPABLE OF THIS TYPE OF WORK THEY AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME IT DOES NOT HAPPEN WELL THIS HIS WHATI HAVE TO SAY ON THE MATTERYA CAN TRAVELL LL OVER AND NEVER WITNESS THE EVENT CERTAIN TYPES MAKE THESE TYPE OF ANIMALS AND YES THEY ARE HAS MUCH MADE HAS WELL HAS BRED , AND YES A FEW LADS GOT NAILED BACK IN THE EIGHTIES 2YRS A PIECE . REDS GET TAKEN IN OUR ISLES WITH THE LURCHER THAT I CATEGORICALLY NO FOR A FACT ATB BUNNYS.

Of course reds get taken every year with running dogs. I don't think anyones arguing that :thumbs: But does anyone have a dog(s) that can do them consistantly? Or are they one offs? :hmm: taken when the deer has all the odds stacked against it........

Bunnys, you seem to talk a bit of sense, so when you say "TYPE OF ANIMALS AND YES THEY ARE HAS MUCH MADE HAS WELL HAS BRED" are you saying that you know, pre-ban, of dogs that could do red stags consistantly? Or, was it more like one stag a season?

I'm just curious as red deer get my utmost respect as the ultimate land mammal our Isles has to offer.(Pre-ban of course) :victory:

Good Hunting JD

Jd needs someone for his new deer book by the sounds of it :laugh: good luck.

the stag we had went 3 fields jumped hedges with dogs ,they got hoofed many times but see the job thru he was at walking pace when we got their no doubt in any ones mind the end result for him,but put into perspective 8 min 40 secs from the slip to the end job and he was released after a photo shoot,easy part would of been to KILL HIM but eh we proved a point 2 ourselfs he had seen many a dog and they all failed

THE TROUBLE HIS HERE THE NONE BELIEVERS AND THE DOUBTERS , BELIEVE BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT WITNESSED IT THEMSELVES OR SEEN OR OWNED A ANIMAL CAPABLE OF THIS TYPE OF WORK THEY AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME IT DOES NOT HAPPEN WELL THIS HIS WHATI HAVE TO SAY ON THE MATTERYA CAN TRAVELL LL OVER AND NEVER WITNESS THE EVENT CERTAIN TYPES MAKE THESE TYPE OF ANIMALS AND YES THEY ARE HAS MUCH MADE HAS WELL HAS BRED , AND YES A FEW LADS GOT NAILED BACK IN THE EIGHTIES 2YRS A PIECE . REDS GET TAKEN IN OUR ISLES WITH THE LURCHER THAT I CATEGORICALLY NO FOR A FACT ATB BUNNYS.

I get your drift Bunnys.

;)

Translate then :thumbs:

Hedz., it's for the secret circle son :thumbs:

Round and round it goes. Have we established that yes reds can be taken with dogs, the smaller ones with one very good dog and the bigger with two. Obviously there aint THAT many great dogs about and less cases of the same person/people running two such dogs - hence the very small number of folk doing it? They vary in size so where some pairs of dogs would do one happily - another might blast them away. There's also the day/lamp difference, the second being a world easier. If there is something that is seen as a challenge then usually there are folk who will dedicate their time to overcoming it. :thumbs:

My final question would be - to those that have brought down a big one - what did you do with it? Leave it lying there and walk away?

Round and round it goes. Have we established that yes reds can be taken with dogs, the smaller ones with one very good dog and the bigger with two. Obviously there aint THAT many great dogs about and less cases of the same person/people running two such dogs - hence the very small number of folk doing it? They vary in size so where some pairs of dogs would do one happily - another might blast them away. There's also the day/lamp difference, the second being a world easier. If there is something that is seen as a challenge then usually there are folk who will dedicate their time to overcoming it. :thumbs:

My final question would be - to those that have brought down a big one - what did you do with it? Leave it lying there and walk away?

no mate had it for xmas dinner atb ks

Just that to lift the big stags you need a tractor with a front loader or the equivalent, you certainly aint dragging it back to the road and fitting it in your disco!

me and my mates aint part of the kill and leave brigade atb ks

Just that to lift the big stags you need a tractor with a front loader or the equivalent, you certainly aint dragging it back to the road and fitting it in your disco!

So how did you move the beast and get him back?

the stag we had went 3 fields jumped hedges with dogs ,they got hoofed many times but see the job thru he was at walking pace when we got their no doubt in any ones mind the end result for him,but put into perspective 8 min 40 secs from the slip to the end job and he was released after a photo shoot,easy part would of been to KILL HIM but eh we proved a point 2 ourselfs he had seen many a dog and they all failed

I bet he's gonna be a rough,tough cookie the next time he see's a dog! :icon_eek::D:D

In my youth i loved hearing tales about a red stag in the midlands that wouldn't run from a dog, instead once the lamp hit him he turned and faced the dog(s). To my knowledge no one ever got him, none of the lads i knew anyway and I am sure he killed a dog, or at least badly injured one. I will find out the full story though....

Got to be one of the best threads for a good while that hasn't turned into a slagging match. :notworthy:

Good pre-ban hunting folks....JD

in a ruck sack

in a ruck sack

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::feck: Nice one :whistling:

in a ruck sack

:rofl:

in a ruck sack

:rofl:

I suppose you could have butchered him in the field, minced the meat, and stuffed that in, but even that would take a good few wheel barrows!