• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put your cocks away lads, and get the thread back on track.

Yous are all laughable. Even the most mentally challenged dogman would realize that a fit and healthy red stag in its prime is NEVER going to be had with one dog.   I work alongside reds every day w

theres a pic in one of darcy books of a stag taken with two bull crosses. . .

Posted Images

Guest born to run1083

What has it got to do with training?

You can't put in what god left out - and I don't think there is a dog(or breed of dog) to take a good red stag with and regularity single handed.

FTB

i think a good start is trying it and going from there, ive seen some of the smallest fragile dogs take fallow just using there hunting experience and drive and practice and if such a small dog extremly out weighed can do that i'd hope to think a 75-95lb lurcher would take red, and before you Say , yes ive seen red in full flight and no I don't think its easy but still think there dogs out there that can and do take them. in the wild many other carnivorous animals take prey extremely out weighing there selves maybe not so much in this country but it happens and often.

Edited by born to run1083

When I was a laddie, my father would have clipped me round the head if I told him I tried for a stag with one of our hounds. Its not wise. And I still had to learn the hard way despite all the best advice and having an upbringing hunting with lurchers.

no chance theres a video of 10 dogos and a pitbull on one and the poor f****r is still going when all the dogs are f****d :thumbdown: :thumbdown: id post it but its not hunting just mindless cruelty :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

thats the biggest point for me an one thats being missed by most here mate. some dogs i would like to think could do it in the end, but it aint sport, it aint neccessary, and its downright f***ing cruel, not to mention stupid. just hope there arent some young lads on here with big dogs thinking 'i bet ours can'. could all end in tears

well said mate :thumbs:

Well in that case, lets not hunt at all. Lets all turn veggy. Because hunting involves cruelty (depending on your definition). Is it cruel when wolves make a kill on a large stag? This is no different! It isnt neccessary to hunt rabbits with dogs, it isnt neccessary to hunt jack all with dogs. The reason we do it is a hell of alot deeper than that, and the reason people will try their dogs on the mightiest quarry in this country is for that same reason.

well said, iv seen 2 bull x catch and hold a red hind and the same 2 dogs a week later get dragged a long way by a red stag before giving in and taking a seriouse beeting and these dogs were both single handed on fallow bucks and anything with teeth. them red stags are in a league of there own

maybe and this is only my take on the matter,maybe the 2 bullcrosses you saw running was not man enough for the job :thumbs:

a pic was put up by dan edwards of 2 bullcrosses taken a red stag in the rut,it was removed.

just because you have not seen it with the dogs you run dont mean it cant be done.

as for running deer in the day jdarcy its not like running a hare on the fens if your caught,

a hare run on the fens if caught is motor lost a ban from driving and a fine,maybe a asbo

running deer is lose of motor a ban from driving a fine prison and loss of your dogs, only a fool would risk running dogs on deer in the day,

when it can be done at night.

and yes jdarcy i have seen it done both day and night,end result dead deer.

edited to add

i know a couple of lads that got bird and lost dogs for running deer back in the 80s

now days you wouldnt get bail on a deer charge.

and the same lads was all caught running deer in the day.

the shit thing was these lads made a living at lamping deer.

good animals do deer day or night fact........

Hey Dread, I was not putting anyones dogs triumphs down, i was just saying that the red is such a big powerful beast, that IMO, there has to be some angle to enable it to be taken thats all. I never mentioned you, your dogs, your red, or anything to do with you or anyone. I was just saying, in general, what my understanding was, from experience. :victory: And after everything everyones said, this is still my understanding.

.... Good Hunting.....JD

no chance theres a video of 10 dogos and a pitbull on one and the poor f****r is still going when all the dogs are f****d :thumbdown: :thumbdown: id post it but its not hunting just mindless cruelty :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

thats the biggest point for me an one thats being missed by most here mate. some dogs i would like to think could do it in the end, but it aint sport, it aint neccessary, and its downright f***ing cruel, not to mention stupid. just hope there arent some young lads on here with big dogs thinking 'i bet ours can'. could all end in tears

well said mate :thumbs:

Well in that case, lets not hunt at all. Lets all turn veggy. Because hunting involves cruelty (depending on your definition). Is it cruel when wolves make a kill on a large stag? This is no different! It isnt neccessary to hunt rabbits with dogs, it isnt neccessary to hunt jack all with dogs. The reason we do it is a hell of alot deeper than that, and the reason people will try their dogs on the mightiest quarry in this country is for that same reason.

well said, iv seen 2 bull x catch and hold a red hind and the same 2 dogs a week later get dragged a long way by a red stag before giving in and taking a seriouse beeting and these dogs were both single handed on fallow bucks and anything with teeth. them red stags are in a league of there own

maybe and this is only my take on the matter,maybe the 2 bullcrosses you saw running was not man enough for the job :thumbs:

a pic was put up by dan edwards of 2 bullcrosses taken a red stag in the rut,it was removed.

just because you have not seen it with the dogs you run dont mean it cant be done.

as for running deer in the day jdarcy its not like running a hare on the fens if your caught,

a hare run on the fens if caught is motor lost a ban from driving and a fine,maybe a asbo

running deer is lose of motor a ban from driving a fine prison and loss of your dogs, only a fool would risk running dogs on deer in the day,

when it can be done at night.

and yes jdarcy i have seen it done both day and night,end result dead deer.

edited to add

i know a couple of lads that got bird and lost dogs for running deer back in the 80s

now days you wouldnt get bail on a deer charge.

and the same lads was all caught running deer in the day.

the shit thing was these lads made a living at lamping deer.

good animals do deer day or night fact........

:notworthy:

Edited by wileycoyote

THE TROUBLE HIS HERE THE NONE BELIEVERS AND THE DOUBTERS , BELIEVE BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT WITNESSED IT THEMSELVES OR SEEN OR OWNED A ANIMAL CAPABLE OF THIS TYPE OF WORK THEY AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME IT DOES NOT HAPPEN WELL THIS HIS WHATI HAVE TO SAY ON THE MATTERYA CAN TRAVELL LL OVER AND NEVER WITNESS THE EVENT CERTAIN TYPES MAKE THESE TYPE OF ANIMALS AND YES THEY ARE HAS MUCH MADE HAS WELL HAS BRED , AND YES A FEW LADS GOT NAILED BACK IN THE EIGHTIES 2YRS A PIECE . REDS GET TAKEN IN OUR ISLES WITH THE LURCHER THAT I CATEGORICALLY NO FOR A FACT ATB BUNNYS.

THE TROUBLE HIS HERE THE NONE BELIEVERS AND THE DOUBTERS , BELIEVE BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT WITNESSED IT THEMSELVES OR SEEN OR OWNED A ANIMAL CAPABLE OF THIS TYPE OF WORK THEY AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME IT DOES NOT HAPPEN WELL THIS HIS WHATI HAVE TO SAY ON THE MATTERYA CAN TRAVELL LL OVER AND NEVER WITNESS THE EVENT CERTAIN TYPES MAKE THESE TYPE OF ANIMALS AND YES THEY ARE HAS MUCH MADE HAS WELL HAS BRED , AND YES A FEW LADS GOT NAILED BACK IN THE EIGHTIES 2YRS A PIECE . REDS GET TAKEN IN OUR ISLES WITH THE LURCHER THAT I CATEGORICALLY NO FOR A FACT ATB BUNNYS.

that told em :icon_eek:

Baffled :blink:

i'm not doubting you mate, i have'nt a fukking clue what that meant, is that in some code or something? ? ?

Of course reds get taken every year with running dogs. I don't think anyones arguing that :thumbs: But does anyone have a dog(s) that can do them consistantly? Or are they one offs? :hmm: taken when the deer has all the odds stacked against it........

Bunnys, you seem to talk a bit of sense, so when you say "TYPE OF ANIMALS AND YES THEY ARE HAS MUCH MADE HAS WELL HAS BRED" are you saying that you know, pre-ban, of dogs that could do red stags consistantly? Or, was it more like one stag a season?

I'm just curious as red deer get my utmost respect as the ultimate land mammal our Isles has to offer.(Pre-ban of course) :victory:

Good Hunting JD

I get your drift Bunnys.

;)

I get your drift Bunnys.

;)

Translate then :thumbs: