as far as cheap dry food goes i buy just out of date or near date top brand dogfood to tide me over when they havent got barf; eukaneuba, hills science diet, james welbeloved come to me out of the backdoor of my local vets for the same money that you'd pay for the cheap shite dog food,

ive feck all money but my dogs want for nothing,

seen a certain snobbery sneaking its way into this topic,

theres people who take care of their dogs and theres people who dont.

seen men living in houses worth 3/4 million driving around in mercs with dogs in poor overall condition. with dull coats

Your bang on there mate.I have a kennels of 10 dogs and have had roughly this amount for years but even in times when things have been tight (like most of us hit from time to time) my dogs have always had what they needed ,been in good condition and warm and dry.

The food certainly dosn't have to be posh or expencive on comparison and working dogs should be able to put a bit of dinner in their own bowl so to speak to contribute towards their upkeep.

I can honestly say that if a time ever came that for whatever reason I could not afford to look after any of my dogs they would be given to good homes where they could be looked after however hart breaking this would be..

Most of our dogs put their life in our hands every time we work them and to be kept warm,dry and well feed is the very least we owe them in my opinion.

ATB

• Like 1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your not to bothered about what people think (like me!) its worth driving round all your local supermarkets after they close and checking the skips ive had loads of meat out of them from pork pies

NO DOG should go hungry these days !! FFS, you can get a 15Kg bag of complete working dog food from the likes of Netto's for six quid !! If you have ANY brains, you can go around your local butchers a

as far as cheap dry food goes i buy just out of date or near date top brand dogfood to tide me over when they havent got barf; eukaneuba, hills science diet, james welbeloved come to me out of the bac

If your not to bothered about what people think (like me!) its worth driving round all your local supermarkets after they close and checking the skips ive had loads of meat out of them from pork pies to full chickens! And my mate has pigs so will take all the bread, fruit an veg and give me some money for a pint or two lol it might not be to everyones approval but at the end of the day its only been chucked away that night and a few hours earlier was on the shelf and classed as fit for human consumption!

DONE THAT MYSELF MATE IN THE PAST :thumbs:

The ones round here lab aint allowed to do it mate Ive asked before and they say it has to be thrown away by law! Its clean to get aswell lol all the food is still in the packet and them its put in bin liners you just grab them and then take it home and sort through it! Ill go out one night in the week and take some pics of me haul lol just a case of want not waste not on a large scale it may aswell go in your dogs stomach than rot away in a landfill site!

Watched a thing other night on tv about the vast amount of food thrown out by supermarkets.absouletly astounding if i had the balls i would rake those skips lol

If your going to raid some bins, go upmarket and try M&S, much higher standard of chuck out than tescos! And they pretty much just stack it in nice handy plastic crates to take away, if you lucky you can get a ton of steak, blue cheese, veg, anything, still good for use by date, just the display date has gone or the packaging is marked.

If your not to bothered about what people think (like me!) its worth driving round all your local supermarkets after they close and checking the skips ive had loads of meat out of them from pork pies to full chickens! And my mate has pigs so will take all the bread, fruit an veg and give me some money for a pint or two lol it might not be to everyones approval but at the end of the day its only been chucked away that night and a few hours earlier was on the shelf and classed as fit for human consumption!

av not thought of that mate..AL be of to me local supermarket tonight :thumbs:

our lass works in iceland and all their skips are securier as a tramp tried 2 sue iceland for food poisioning after he said it was from their skips the food was from ,this was a few years ago now ,so i think most supermarkets will be clocking on 2 this and securier their skips

just been talking 2 our lass abit more about it and she says that they have 2 stamp on the bread ,smash all the crisps ,all the meat is disposed of my a special company who come once a week for it ,its a shame as years ago the staff could take all the just out of date stuff ,but all these rules and regrelations ,like everything else :thumbdown:

NO DOG should go hungry these days !! FFS, you can get a 15Kg bag of complete working dog food from the likes of Netto's for six quid !! If you have ANY brains, you can go around your local butchers and get top class dog food for NOWT !! There is NO excuse for having a hungry dog !! Shame on them that do !!!!

Cheers.

• Like 2

NO DOG should go hungry these days !! FFS, you can get a 15Kg bag of complete working dog food from the likes of Netto's for six quid !! If you have ANY brains, you can go around your local butchers and get top class dog food for NOWT !! There is NO excuse for having a hungry dog !! Shame on them that do !!!!

Cheers.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

ALRIGHT TIGHT ARSES.

DONE SOME HOMEWORK FOR YOU.

TESCO/ 5PM REDUCED ISLES BREAD WHOLE MEAL LOAFS 35P

TESCOS/REDUCED MEAT/N/FISH ABOUT 80P/1.20MARK.

FARM FOODS/SAUSAGES 52 FOR 2.50.

FARMFOODS/VEG 2KG 1.00

POUNDLAND/425GM 2 BIG TINS MACKYS 1.OO

ICELAND SAUSAGE 1.00

ICELAND VEG 2KG I.00

PATATOES PENNYS.

THATS JUST SOME OFF THE STUFF IVE BEEN FEEDING MY RUNNER.

PLUS BOILED CATCHES MIXED THREW.

NO DOG MEAT/MEAL IN SIGHT

SO TAKE HEAD IF YOU CANT FEED YOUR DOG PROPERLY YOU SHOULDNT HAVE ONE

NO EXCUSE FOR WALKING SKELINGTONS :thumbs:

Sorry to piss on your parade pal but them sausages from farm foods arent even fit enough to be given to dogs :sick:

Edited by redcharge

if anyone is finding it hard to feed the dogs and are in or around the south wales valleys i can do 10 pounds of frozen chicken mince for £2 delivered (weekends only) depending on amount . cheers dai

same goes for any lads in the north and want tripe,mince,chiken or all mixed they deliver free of charge 2 most places in england 2 the door ,halls from s/land 01915656370

ALRIGHT TIGHT ARSES.

DONE SOME HOMEWORK FOR YOU.

TESCO/ 5PM REDUCED ISLES BREAD WHOLE MEAL LOAFS 35P

TESCOS/REDUCED MEAT/N/FISH ABOUT 80P/1.20MARK.

FARM FOODS/SAUSAGES 52 FOR 2.50.

FARMFOODS/VEG 2KG 1.00

POUNDLAND/425GM 2 BIG TINS MACKYS 1.OO

ICELAND SAUSAGE 1.00

ICELAND VEG 2KG I.00

PATATOES PENNYS.

THATS JUST SOME OFF THE STUFF IVE BEEN FEEDING MY RUNNER.

PLUS BOILED CATCHES MIXED THREW.

NO DOG MEAT/MEAL IN SIGHT

SO TAKE HEAD IF YOU CANT FEED YOUR DOG PROPERLY YOU SHOULDNT HAVE ONE

NO EXCUSE FOR WALKING SKELINGTONS :thumbs:

Sorry to piss on your parade pal but them sausages from farm foods arent even fit enough to be given to dogs :sick:

ALRIGHT MATE ANY SAUSAGE FOR A DOG IS A GOOD SAUSAGE IN MY BOOK.

THE ONLY PERSON S PARADE YOUR PISSIN ON IS BOYS ON A TIGHT BUDGET :thumbs:

It is very seldom lack of money that leads to starving dogs: just that the owners don't care, forget to feed their animals (how the f*ck can you forget to feed a dog??????????) :censored: :censored: :censored: though its most likely that they are druggies or alcoholics. Knew some people who had a yard full of dogs which never went out of the yard and got fed when the people felt like it: while they sat in their house drinking all the time. They bragged that they spent over £400 a month on booze, and this was many years ago!!!!!!!! IN fairness their dogs weren't starving: just a bit neglected.

When my freezer is low on meat my lot get 'Wagg working dog food' it's less than £10 for a 17kg sack!! It doesn't effect their working ability, they're no different to when i paid £50 a bag for james wellbeloved or the like. It's not about money, it's about the effort or attitude to feeding a dog. :thumbs:

• Like 1