Tuning my AA S200

Hi all.

Been trying to tune my s200 which was woefully under powered. Have two "performance springs" one stronger than the other and both are stronger than the orginal. I've tried both the stronger ones and each time I've fiddled eith the exhaust port screw and I'm getting some weird results. When I fire the gun the ftlb's goes down too much. As an example the last session went like this.

Started with a new fill to 180bar

Fitted the strongest spring with the result of 16ish ftlb's. Within about six more shots \i was well below 11ftlb's.

I only want 11.5 but I can't start adjusting until I get a stable reading. I know I'm losing some pressure each time the gun is fired but not that much surely?

I'm thinking that maybe the strongest spring is using more air per shot and maybe I need to use the weakest that will get the job done. I'm thinking also that something might be leaking. What are your views guys?

Paul

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont waste money on `Performance Parts ` use the originals . Air Arms have spent years and many thousands of pounds making sure their products run at their best with the parts they use . Why ruin a pe

10/10 for communications skills Toxo,if anyone can Buster can,and if he could he would but now he wont so you cant. Bill H Robinson

Basically TOXO, its like this, read the posting guidlines re: tuning for power, as you wont get a bean of information out of any of us on an open forum Just another typical new member who joins just

Posted Images

Dont waste money on `Performance Parts ` use the originals . Air Arms have spent years and many thousands of pounds making sure their products run at their best with the parts they use . Why ruin a perfectly designed rifle with ` Heath Robinson ` ideas ?

• Like 1

Why ruin a perfectly designed rifle with ` Heath Robinson ` ideas ?

I have to admit I don't know the answer to that one Buster. You'll have to tell us.

If it was aimed at me I have to wonder if you read the original problem at all. I certainly don't want to ruin my rifle. I've only just bought the thing and if it was putting out 11.5ftlb's instead of 9.4ftlb's I wouldn't have touched it. And where did Heath Robinson come from? We're talking about a spring that slightly stronger than the original for God's sake. And this from a man who earns a living selling AA spares because the originals are so good.

Could you be slightly more constructive please Buster? Thanks.

I have to admit I don't know the answer to that one Buster. You'll have to tell us.

If it was aimed at me I have to wonder if you read the original problem at all. I certainly don't want to ruin my rifle. I've only just bought the thing and if it was putting out 11.5ftlb's instead of 9.4ftlb's I wouldn't have touched it. And where did Heath Robinson come from? We're talking about a spring that slightly stronger than the original for God's sake. And this from a man who earns a living selling AA spares because the originals are so good.

In fact , i wont waste my time as you obviously have more knowledge than me about this , which is why you have done the obvious things like insepct all seals , and check for leaks , check the rail and hammer , but hey , what do i know ................

Buster the feebleminded ....... :angel:

Edited by Buster321c

In fact , i wont waste my time as you obviously have more knowledge than me about this , which is why you have done the obvious things like insepct all seals , and check for leaks , check the rail and hammer , but hey , what do i know ................

Buster the feebleminded ....... :angel:

Ha ha ha thats you told Buster ! :laugh::laugh:

Well done Toxo for alianating one of the blokes who could best answer your query.

He gave you an answer and you chose to take the hump, :blink:

Fix it yersell !! lol :laugh::laugh:

good luck sorting your s200 on your own mate :thumbdown:

you needed help so you asked for it :thumbs:

then you dont want it when its offerd. :thumbdown:

nice one welcome to the forum,what a fantastic start and impression you have made.

would offer my help with your problem, but dont think i'll bother now. as it would be unapreciated...

Andy

Basically TOXO, its like this, read the posting guidlines re: tuning for power, as you wont get a bean of information out of any of us on an open forum :whistling::no::hmm::D;) Just another typical new member who joins just to direct post asking for tuning information.

I could suggest that if you have managed to get so far as registering then your keyboard skills are worthy enough to find all you need from the internet regarding tuning AA rifles, as by god there is alot of information about that only takes a nano-second to get, sorry it just doesnt seem to be here mate :(

• Like 1

I cant understand why people want to mess with springs to alter the power of the S200 :hmm:

A simple TINY turn of the appropriate screw will have the thing running at your prefered output :duh:

Messing with springs indeed :doh:

Perhaps the reason its low is a seal gone / going ? Tut tut Tony , smacked hand for you ! You need to find the reason why is down a tad rather than crank it up ......

I cant understand why people want to mess with springs to alter the power of the S200 :hmm:

A simple TINY turn of the appropriate screw will have the thing running at your prefered output :duh:

Messing with springs indeed :doh:

Thanks Phantom. This information would've had me suspecting a seal a lot earlier. I bought a "tuning guide" with the hope that it would help with the problem. It came with two springs which I won't use if I don't have to.