Dispatch weapon.

Guest busterdog

Was told by our local chief of firearms department that it is totally illegal to use a shotpistol to shoot anything other than rats in an enclosed area.He said that he would grant any other suitable calibre for the humane despatch of Foxes at close quarters but if he found out that I was using a .410 shotpistol that I would never be granted an FAC again.

The firearms officer in my area told me that i couldn't have a .410 pistol as they are only used for shooting rats in farm buildings and yards, they had a new chap last year who said in good old English "bollocks", he would issue one no problems ?

As a side note the first FEO told me he wouldn't issue me with a firearm (pistol) but would grant me a (his words) five to ten shot shotgun :wallbash:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

410 everytime , but in your case i wouldn t let you have a water pistol we dont want you acting up like your mate did in hungerford

lb bullx trainers and tracksuit

Posted Images

Was told by our local chief of firearms department that it is totally illegal to use a shotpistol to shoot anything other than rats in an enclosed area.He said that he would grant any other suitable calibre for the humane despatch of Foxes at close quarters but if he found out that I was using a .410 shotpistol that I would never be granted an FAC again.

The firearms officer in my area told me that i couldn't have a .410 pistol as they are only used for shooting rats in farm buildings and yards, they had a new chap last year who said in good old English "bollocks", he would issue one no problems ?

As a side note the first FEO told me he wouldn't issue me with a firearm (pistol) but would grant me a (his words) five to ten shot shotgun :wallbash:

Yes but I was told that if found to be using it to kill foxes that you wouldn't be issued with an FAC as it is illegal to dispatch a Fox with a shot pistol.I have a .22 revolver and have found it excellent for the job.

Its NOT illegal to dispatch fox with a >410 shot pistol FACT ask BASC ..Christ they used to use them for horses.

Yes but I was told that if found to be using it to kill foxes that you wouldn't be issued with an FAC as it is illegal to dispatch a Fox with a shot pistol.I have a .22 revolver and have found it excellent for the job.

Yes Donny Used to use them,The chief FAC officer told me this when I was applying.He said that not many people know that the laws changed.You can hardly argue with the man that is deciding whether he is going to issue you with an FAC or not.I am only telling you what I was told by our areas Chief of Firearms Dept but if you know better than him thats fine by me,I'm not making it up.

He actually said that you and I know that it is the best calibre for the job.As if you needed to dispatch an injured horse whilst out with the hunt then you could use it,but it is illegal to use it to dispatch anything other than rats.That is what I was told.

Yes Donny Used to use them,The chief FAC officer told me this when I was applying.He said that not many people know that the laws changed.You can hardly argue with the man that is deciding whether he is going to issue you with an FAC or not.I am only telling you what I was told by our areas Chief of Firearms Dept but if you know better than him thats fine by me,I'm not making it up.

He actually said that you and I know that it is the best calibre for the job.As if you needed to dispatch an injured horse whilst out with the hunt then you could use it,but it is illegal to use it to dispatch anything other than rats.That is what I was told.

Thats wrong matey. I have seen the wording on a license for a .410 pistol that it is to be used for foxes and small vermin only. Foxes are actually named. If you want a .410 pistol and you have sufficient reason to need one then you cannot be declined as long as you have been a good boy. :victory: That's the law and thats a fact. :victory:

JD as I said Im only repeating what I was told by the head of the fireams licencing dept in our area.The laws changed a few years back according to him.And thats a fact!If you would like the telephone number of the office then I can pm it to you matey. :victory:

Some years back when I applied for a .410 pistol an aquaintance who comes under a different area firearms dept applied for a .22 pistol.He was told that he couldn't have it but could have a .410 for Fox dispatch and I was told as stated above and granted a .22.So I suppose that different areas have different rules or ideas.

Edited by Moorman 1
  • 2 weeks later...