Dispatch weapon.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

410 everytime , but in your case i wouldn t let you have a water pistol we dont want you acting up like your mate did in hungerford

lb bullx trainers and tracksuit

Posted Images

Guest busterdog

never had an issue with smoke lift the dog and bobs your uncle charly never seems to mind the small amount of smoke from a two inch short

Don it's probably becuase i was one of the MUGS using the 3" cartridges lol, but all said and done the .22 is a lot less noisy and messy and a danmed sight cheeper on the pocket.

I have a 10 shot semi auto .22 pistol but i rarely use it as its too tempremental,get a speck of dust in it and it missfires and when your digging you can be sure to get it covered in muck. I normally use .410, main issue is smoke but dont drop the dog back in till its cleared and there should be no problem.

With regards to dispatching RTA's im pretty sure you can use any means neccessary to end suffering and the 12g is just reccomendation. I was told i could use .22 for dispatch when stalking.

Must admit I have never had a miss fire from my .22 but I tend to leave it cased or in a pocket till needed but I can definitely see how it could get shitty and jam :thumbs:

never had an issue with smoke lift the dog and bobs your uncle charly never seems to mind the small amount of smoke from a two inch short

Don it's probably becuase i was one of the MUGS using the 3" cartridges lol, but all said and done the .22 is a lot less noisy and messy and a danmed sight cheeper on the pocket.

not even looked at the prices for a .22 or a 410 yet..

Earth, if you get chance to watch a .410 pistol in dispatch you won't want any other type again. Personally i do not rate .22's. The .410 is a perfect tool for humane dispatch.

The choice of weapon is easy, the hard part is getting your certificate....... :thumbs:

I'de go completely the other way, .22 is the perfect despatch tool if your up close and personal, the .410 is far to noisy to fire next to a dogs head. The .22 short is as good as useless and doesn't carry the punch.

The .410 is to loud and creats a load of smoke you can't see through for two or three minutes.

Never had an issue with smoke, even when used 2 1/2 inch cartridges. Don't need a back up shot either like some of the.22's i have seen.It's each to their own, but I think the .410 is a great tool. Its not as temperamental as the .22's i have seen. A mere suspicion of mud and they seem to just click...click....click....:victory:

Earth, if you get chance to watch a .410 pistol in dispatch you won't want any other type again. Personally i do not rate .22's. The .410 is a perfect tool for humane dispatch.

The choice of weapon is easy, the hard part is getting your certificate....... :thumbs:

I'de go completely the other way, .22 is the perfect despatch tool if your up close and personal, the .410 is far to noisy to fire next to a dogs head. The .22 short is as good as useless and doesn't carry the punch.

The .410 is to loud and creats a load of smoke you can't see through for two or three minutes.

Never had an issue with smoke, even when used 2 1/2 inch cartridges. Don't need a back up shot either like some of the.22's i have seen.It's each to their own, but I think the .410 is a great tool. Its not as temperamental as the .22's i have seen. A mere suspicion of mud and they seem to just click...click....click....:victory:

never noticed that with mine :whistling::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The lad I was speaking about that new you whos a keeper up here showed me his over and under 410 pistol I dont know if he should you it ....but it is a proper bit of kit ....I am going to get one

post-23537-0-32080000-1298321495_thumb.jpg

Guest busterdog

The lad I was speaking about that new you whos a keeper up here showed me his over and under 410 pistol I dont know if he should you it ....but it is a proper bit of kit ....I am going to get one

I know someone that wants to sell his, but having used it myself i wouldn't recomend it, but they are a sexy little gun.

I know someone that wants to sell his, but having used it myself i wouldn't recomend it, but they are a sexy little gun.

What do you not lkie about it bd as like you say its a sexy little number