Ah Diddums?

It is refreshing to see justice served for once, :notworthy: there have been way too many cases similar to this where the victim has had to themselves not only from their assailant, but also later in the docks. :rtfm:

People routinely criticize America's policy on this, but you cannot deny the fact that they have the lowest break-in rates in the world! I wonder why... :hmm::hunter:

• Like 1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ide have smashed his fookin head in with the butt and then smacked him with the iron bar the feckin scum bag .........

Only reason the burglar would have phoned the police is because, like the rest of us, we have read far too many times about home owners defending themselves and their homes against scummy b4stards lik

The home owner who shot him is lucky not to be prosecuted!   As for him phoning the police to complain, serves him right and I hope they throw the book at him.   BTW, you don't actually believe a

By the very fact he was threatening the occupant with an iron bar, makes it aggrivated burglary, and has his missus and a 2 month old little one in the house, I think he did well just to shoot twice. He was in fear for his life and that of his family so it must have been reasonable force. I don't belive the scum bag had the cheek to call the Law, just put him down and be done with it, he wouldnt offend again. :thumbs:

ATB

Danny

isnt it nice to know we all think down the same lines regarding these horrible scum bags ?why dont the civil rights brigade stop defending such creatures and let us deal with it our selves .theres a lad up here who thought he was untouchable [burgling drug dealing etc] well somewhere down the line some one visited him in bed!hes a filthy little cripple now to scared to leave his dingy little flat what a bloody shame eh?

well done that judge,

i wouldent be beeting any scum bag with my rifle, its not fair to the gun,

any silly scum that stupid enought to get me out of bed will meet the fat end of the nunchucks, they would have trouble calling the police then, as there lower jaw would be embedded in one of my walls.

feck'in hate theifin scum bags.

Andy

He could have tried different pellets with each shot and let us know which one penetrated a shell suit best though... Some people will not learn no matter how hard you attempt to teach them. They only lean when it becomes painfully obvious and I disagree with Matt, when you get hit by a .177 air rifle round travelling at over 800 feet per second (on a Webley Stingray Carbine it would be over 900 feet per second) that bugger is going to hurt! It might even have gone in the skin (we can but hope) and had to be left there as a permanent reminder!

The thing I liked though is that there is actually a member of the Judiciary who actually appears to have some common sense! A judge who is actually in touch with the real world and treats people with dignity! It is amazing we keep reading about judges who give a 15 second sentence for murders, but when it comes to a judicial decision like this, which affects every one of us on the forum, it is amazing how they keep it quiet. Just remember case law sets a precedent, which means they try breaking into our house now, we can let fly, makes me wish I liked pre charged multi shots...

• Like 1

Thats right what Mole says, it has now become a stated case which can be refered to, so just shoot the scum bags in the front not the back. And remember you were in fear for your life, and that of your family. I take my hat off to the judge, just when you thought they all lived on different planets, a sensible one pop's up. :thumbs:

ATB

Danny

I expect so.

Tony Martin only got done because he didn't shoot them until they were leaving. Had he shot them while still robbing him he would have been ok.

That's not actually true, but for some reason it has been continually reported as such due to the media deciding to turn Tony Martin into the 'People's champion'.

I personally know many of the police officers that were involved in the case at the time, and the lad that was killed was actually executed - shot in the lower back at point blank range as he climbed through a window. He blew a hole in the lads body, and they recovered the cartridge wadding from his flesh. He then shot at the other fella as well.

Good to see a Judge take the right line for a change :thumbs: Shame he wasn't presiding over Tony Martin's case.

While I agree that the judge took the right line in this case, nobody was killed. Based on what I just said, above, I think Tony Martin fully deserved to go to prison. And on a personal note - I have had a few dealings with the chap myself, and he's one of the least pleasant individuals I have ever encountered.

Still, I don't want to get off topic, just wanted to put that side across. I'm sure most of you will take the view of 'well that wouldn't have happened if he hadn't been trying to burgle him, would it?', and of course, that's true, but personally I think that particular instance was too far.

my first rifle got nicked by burgling ccensored.gifts, and that was the second time i've been burgled. i've often thought that using "resonable force" with say, a blunt weapon, is all well and good if your'e only being burgled by one person, and wondered about the legality of getting the old multi-shot out if theres more than one of them.

i just hope i'm in if they ever try it again

Moley, I didn't say it wouldn't hurt like buggery, but a 12 ft.lb air rifle is NOT going to stop a burglar, who's going to be at the minimum hyped up on an overdose of adrenaline, plus whatever their choice of class A's.

People have been shot repeatedly with a 9mm/.375mag/44 mag/45 mag and still gone on to kill the shooter, before dropping down dead themselves. Very few people, when clobbered round the bonce with a large lump of wood will remain conscious for very long!

Moley, I didn't say it wouldn't hurt like buggery, but a 12 ft.lb air rifle is NOT going to stop a burglar, who's going to be at the minimum hyped up on an overdose of adrenaline, plus whatever their choice of class A's.

People have been shot repeatedly with a 9mm/.375mag/44 mag/45 mag and still gone on to kill the shooter, before dropping down dead themselves. Very few people, when clobbered round the bonce with a large lump of wood will remain conscious for very long!

Or an aluminium base ball bat, which is what i keep handy in case of intruders. My FEO even saw it propped up next to my front door and never said anything about it when he came around last.

I recall a case in my local paper a number of years ago when someone broke into a local guys house and the home owner beat the guy severely with a bat. The judge in that case said "tough, you shouldn't have been in the guys house in the first place" and let the home owner off.

If any burglers ever get in my house and get upstairs where my missus is sleeping, i will happily leave them to it. They have no idea what they are letting themselves in for if they wake my missus up in the middle of the night. Shes scary at the best of times, let alone at 2am.... [shudder]

Or an aluminium base ball bat, which is what i keep handy in case of intruders. My FEO even saw it propped up next to my front door and never said anything about it when he came around last.

I recall a case in my local paper a number of years ago when someone broke into a local guys house and the home owner beat the guy severely with a bat. The judge in that case said "tough, you shouldn't have been in the guys house in the first place" and let the home owner off.

If any burglers ever get in my house and get upstairs where my missus is sleeping, i will happily leave them to it. They have no idea what they are letting themselves in for if they wake my missus up in the middle of the night. Shes scary at the best of times, let alone at 2am.... [shudder]

:laugh: my fella says the same about me :laugh: