What pellets do you use

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have/use...

WEIHRAUCH HW80 FAC .22.+ H&N FIELD AND TARGET TROPHY

WEIHRAUCH HW80K FAC .22 + H&N FIELD AND TARGET TROPHY

WEIHRAUCH HW77 .22 + H&N FIELD AND TARGET TROPHY. RWS SUPERDOMES.

AIR ARMS TX200 .22 RIFLE. + AIR ARMS DIABOLO FIELD 16G. 5.51mm headsize.

AIR ARMS TX200HC .177 + AIR ARMS DIABOLO FIELD 8.4G 4.51mm headsize.

Washed and lubed H&N Trophys are brilliant in all my Weihrauch rifles, very stable and consistent. The perfect German pellet in the perfect German rifle! My HW77 also likes RWS Superdomes. '77s have always traditionally loved both these H&N and RWS pellets.

Simon

My .22 fac (30ft lb)rapid seems to like most pellets but is especially accurate with 16g aa fields and even better with the new 18g aa diablo field plus. Accupels also group very well and at 30yds rws hollow points and bisley pest control also group well although past 30yds they start to open up.. Bisley mags group very well but i dont bother to use them for hunting as they have a more pronounced drop between 30 and 45yds as they are such a heavy pellet. I did also try some Napier pellets but found them very hard to chamber in my rapid.

My legal limit ratting combo is a .22 webley lite w-8 which is very accurate with aa fields to 30yds but its normally zero'd at 15yds for the rats on which i use rws hollow points.

Atb Mick

Edited by optelic2

Having just rebuilt my old Theoben Sirocco i bought 2 tins of eley wasps in .22. 5.5 and 5.6mm to see which suit it best. I tried the 5.6mm at 25 yards and couldnt get better than a 4" group!! I tried the 5.5mm and was down to 2-3" group with some pellets being way off!!! Was starting to think ther was something wrong with the barrel.

My mate had an old tin of H&N field and target trophy 5.5mm which he gave me. First thing i noticed is that they are a very tight fit in the barrel whereas both size wasps are very loose and I have to be carefull they don't fall out of the barrel. Found this a bit strange as the wasps are supposed to be 0.1mm bigger??? Anyway first 2 pellets i fire are almost on top of each other. Couple of clicks and i'm bang on zero at 25 yards. I'm getting groups of less than an inch now at 30 yards. I've also ordered some AA Diable fields to try and will let you know how i get on.