Your dream rifle!

Well done on binning the smokes Ste mate. I gave up a 30 lighters per day habit -or so it seemed, on August 11th 2010. It's easily paid for 2 of my rifles and a scope or a few already in the last 6 months I've been free of tobacco.

Just think mate. When you are holding that lovely HW97K and scope in your hands, it's all yours and you are shooting some astonishing groups with it, you'll be thinking like l do with my HW77.

"JESUS!! I WAS SETTING FIRE TO ALL THIS FOR NOWT'!

Keep going mate. The cravings will die. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Simon

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we'll thats it then the world is saved...........Thank the lord you no where it is...           just a shame you cant read a post through befor jumping out the pram.

sorry mate, i didnt realise that when trying to add a thread for what i hoped would be a bit of help to you that i should write slower and maybe in capitals SO YOU COULD ACTUALLY READ THE F

Posted Images

Forget your daystates, i prefer the weight of the rifle to be close to my shoulder so it can only be one rifle for me. The FX Verminator!!! short, light and a big shot count does it all for me. If i suppose i was going to be a real man and get a springer it would have to be one of the Weihrauch range as ive heard great things about them.

Richard

Hatsan Mod 60S with True Glo sights.... :whistling::laugh:

Cheers Andy I've just spluttered red wine all over my bloody laptop :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I already own a peerlesessly accurate .22 Weihrauch HW77 dream rifle.....BUT...

I'd love another 77 with a Mauser inspired Stutzen stock and a LUGER 4-16x40mm scope with 30mm tube and German 4a reticle.

That would be a thing of absolute beauty for me.

Seems we have similar instincts Steve. The Diana 46 Stutzen is a pure beautiful rifle mate. I had one in my hands, brand new and offered for a knock-down £460 and I deliberated, lost sleep and agonised over it or the HW77. The pop-up breech will limit the length of scope you can fit though, which is why I finally bought my HW77. The new Diana Stutzen now has the conventional sliding breech. Beautifully made rifles those Dianas. :thumbs:

Simon

Wow uncanny Simon...they are made to a certain standard mate and the look of the Stutzen with the hidden underlever is something to behold......i have read alot of reviews on the stutzen and apart from the price its all good.......if you could have had one for a knock down of £460 you should have had it......i see a second for more than that but it was a beauty with custom stock in beech i loved it but it was priced at £570+.......if i had cash i would have got it

Edited by StevoSmith

Yep I know Steve mate, an absolute bargain that 46'. It was at Guns International's closing down sale and it was snapped up in the end. But I have what is a beautifully finshed example of what must be the most accurate underlever spring rifle of any in the world. My HW77 .22 is frighteningly accurate. :thumbs:

ATB

Simon

now you see i would have said some of the daystates befor but. my mates air ranger wont group like my s400. has a commmon fault of dropping pellets in to the block,witch takes a special tool to remove that daystate wont send you unless your a rfd.

it will not group due to the mags again commen problem. now has to use a single shot tray. and yes he has had a brand new mag from daystate.

so why do you pay all that money for them. my new s400 £440 just as accurate easy to fix if it ever go's wroung, fixed by me,no extra costs.its lighter (alot)and to me looks better.

Dream rifle, the guns i have with a bigger shot count per fill.oh an maybe NV sat on them.

Andy

Awrite Rossy

The pellets come out easy just by removing the barrel and block combined, 6 screws easy!.

I have to admit the mags could be better on the Daystate, but the gun as a whole really takessome beating.

Just rezeroed mine after a wee service and a tweak up to 11.2 ft/lbs (all done by myself,including the main v/v seals, easy job and 6 bucks)

After setting up ,it punched a 10 shot single hole group at 30 meters, Now that impressed!!

ATB

Awrite Rossy

The pellets come out easy just by removing the barrel and block combined, 6 screws easy!.

I have to admit the mags could be better on the Daystate, but the gun as a whole really takessome beating.

Just rezeroed mine after a wee service and a tweak up to 11.2 ft/lbs (all done by myself,including the main v/v seals, easy job and 6 bucks)

After setting up ,it punched a 10 shot single hole group at 30 meters, Now that impressed!!

ATB

hello mate.

would your gun be older than about 3 years by any chance, my mates is a new one 2010.

thus alot more anti tamper. and you need the tool to remove the block,

not slating daystates there very good guns, but his air ranger will not do any thing my s400 wont.

build quility, the same

performance ie grouping,,the same

cost,daystate nearly £500 more..why

ffor the best part of a grand,i personaly dont want a gun that has the common faults like the mag not indexing and dropping pell's into the breach,due to the mags beeing crap it not accurate as should be because the pell's dont leave the mag proporly,thus not going in to the breach as they should..would put this down to just "a bad one" but after going through the daystate owners forum with him there very common problems.

for the money they cost not good in my eyes.

just my thoughts tho mate,

all the best pal

Andy

Awrite Rossy

ATB

hello mate.

would your gun be older than about 3 years by any chance, my mates is a new one 2010.

thus alot more anti tamper. and you need the tool to remove the block,

not slating daystates there very good guns, but his air ranger will not do any thing my s400 wont.

build quility, the same

performance ie grouping,,the same

cost,daystate nearly £500 more..why

ffor the best part of a grand,i personaly dont want a gun that has the common faults like the mag not indexing and dropping pell's into the breach,due to the mags beeing crap it not accurate as should be because the pell's dont leave the mag proporly,thus not going in to the breach as they should..would put this down to just "a bad one" but after going through the daystate owners forum with him there very common problems.

for the money they cost not good in my eyes.

just my thoughts tho mate,

all the best pal

Andy

Must admit I love my Air Ranger! if you aim it in the right spot it normaly hits it, its a gem of a gun but a bit heavy for my liking shooting freehand when fully loaded with all the extras :thumbs:.

Jasper

Blimey but that's two very, starkly different opinions about what must surely rank as one of the current Kings of the castle for pcp rifles. How come even the most expensive pcps are prone to failures and bits jamming up? It's unacceptable in this era of air rifle design. I must say I didn't find anything to fault the Air Ranger I tested recently; other than the usual lifeless, soulless feel these pcp rifles have. And I honestly don't mean that in a disrespectful way. Very accurate and nicely weighted I thought, but then, I'm a spring rifle disciple and weight is what I want. And the price of one Air Ranger would get me a pair of HW77s in both flavours with all the trimmings and all the accuracy I want too :thumbs: .

It's amazing the diverse numbers of answers you'll find on a simple question like this!

Simon

Edited by pianoman

now you see i would have said some of the daystates befor but. my mates air ranger wont group like my s400. has a commmon fault of dropping pellets in to the block,witch takes a special tool to remove that daystate wont send you unless your a rfd.

it will not group due to the mags again commen problem. now has to use a single shot tray. and yes he has had a brand new mag from daystate.

so why do you pay all that money for them. my new s400 £440 just as accurate easy to fix if it ever go's wroung, fixed by me,no extra costs.its lighter (alot)and to me looks better.

Dream rifle, the guns i have with a bigger shot count per fill.oh an maybe NV sat on them.

Andy

cracking post Rossy :thumbs:.

As you know I own a Ranger and have encounted some problems along the way but also have to say I encounted a good few with the last two Pre-charge rifles I owned. one was a webley and the other a Falcon Raptor! ok they are pretty dated compared to some these days but one of these had a whole lot of problems.

I think somtimes it depends on the rifle when it was built? I think one of the rifles I had was built on a friday when everyone was in a rush to get home :laugh:.

The Ranger is a belter of a rifle but have to say way way over priced! mine shoots as expected from any precharge dropping pellet on pellet on its day, I'm yet top see one precharge shoot better than another when they're all in the "sweetspot". perhaps the other plus point for a Ranger is shots per charge! I can reel off near on 250 in .177 before a top up which is the one reason I went for the rifle. the Inexing on the mag seems to have been a problem with some people but luckily mine runs sweet without skipping pellets :thumbs:.

there definitley a few things I don't like includeing weight <10.6lbs with extras>, no adjustable recoil pad comes as standard with a R10 plus a few others! but all in all mines pretty lethal in the field which makes me think your pals has a problem :hmm:. I shoot alot of squirrels in the back wood which half the time I can't be arsed to pictures up! I'm still gobsmacked how this rifle plants the pellets time and time again where I want them at different ranges. I'm sure most precharges will do the same but accuracy wise I have to say this is pretty devastating :thumbs:.

atb Jasp

Andy

cracking post Rossy :thumbs:.

As you know I own a Ranger and have encounted some problems along the way but also have to say I encounted a good few with the last two Pre-charge rifles I owned. one was a webley and the other a Falcon Raptor! ok they are pretty dated compared to some these days but one of these had a whole lot of problems.

I think somtimes it depends on the rifle when it was built? I think one of the rifles I had was built on a friday when everyone was in a rush to get home :laugh:.

The Ranger is a belter of a rifle but have to say way way over priced! mine shoots as expected from any precharge dropping pellet on pellet on its day, I'm yet top see one precharge shoot better than another when they're all in the "sweetspot". perhaps the other plus point for a Ranger is shots per charge! I can reel off near on 250 in .177 before a top up which is the one reason I went for the rifle. the Inexing on the mag seems to have been a problem with some people but luckily mine runs sweet without skipping pellets :thumbs:.

there definitley a few things I don't like includeing weight <10.6lbs with extras>, no adjustable recoil pad comes as standard with a R10 plus a few others! but all in all mines pretty lethal in the field which makes me think your pals has a problem :hmm:. I shoot alot of squirrels in the back wood which half the time I can't be arsed to pictures up! I'm still gobsmacked how this rifle plants the pellets time and time again where I want them at different ranges. I'm sure most precharges will do the same but accuracy wise I have to say this is pretty devastating :thumbs:.

atb Jasp

thanks Jasp

i do like the guns bar the weight, but i just feel for it to have the rep/price tag it has it should not be suffering from common silly faults like they do,and rifles half there price do not.

Andy

thanks Jasp

i do like the guns bar the weight, but i just feel for it to have the rep/price tag it has it should not be suffering from common silly faults like they do,and rifles half there price do not.

Andy

Nice one Andy

Trust me Bud I'm in 100% agreement with you :thumbs:. I have had this one out on some other forums about the price of these guns. they're certainly nothing special compared to guns near on half their price! infact I would go as far as to say they're a pretty disapointing when it comes to value for money.

A pal brought round his new R10 the other day so we could fit his Sidewinder 30 IR Tactical 4.5-14x42 Rifle Scope for zeroing! (which incidently is a cracking scope). after shooting the R10 and compareing it with the Ranger I have to say you get near on just as much with a R10 for half the price, must say its a stunning set up he has there! scope and all in the picture.

Take Care Jasp

post-251-0-52011000-1296821219_thumb.jpg

post-251-0-36954300-1296821248_thumb.jpg