GREWS

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A good thread for a change.To some of the younguns out their a lot can be learned from some of the old boys on the non ped raceing scene regarding conditioning and the well being of running dogs in ge

ROUND THIS WAY ........ THEY ARE CALLED " SNACKS "   SNACKS WERE THE LURCHER OF CHOICE FOR MANY COLLIERS FAMILYS .... A DOG THAT COULD PROVIDE A MEAL AND WIN SOME MUCH NEEDED CASH IN A RACE OF A

23" weighs 36lb Thanks for nice comments

Posted Images

ive got a saturday film for the guys on here,,,only 10min,s worth as i havent worked out how to get full program on yet,,,,so hopfully next week ill have part two on lol

its old program almost 40years ago,,,,from newcastle rising sun 1973,,,next week might be able to work out to put on next part

here video ,,,i know its not hunting ,,,but maybe a good watch for some and a bit off history to the breed :thumbs::thumbs:

takes about 50secound,s before program starts :thumbs:

th_tyneteestv1.jpg

i will try,,,dvd,s 28mins long,,,,,chartploski was good enough to send me a copy,,,and my hats off to him for keeping footage all those years or it might have been lost forever,,,i think he,s gave few dvds out down south to whippet pll,s ( just incase i cant get the next 18mins on ,,as 2nd half is better :thumbs: 1st part was really a intro ,,,ive tryed utube ,dvd too long to upload,,,my photobucket will only save 1st 10mins :blink:

i like the program as gives a good insight on pll,s back in the 70,s ,,,off the geordie,s ( miner,s or xminers ) its tv gold :thumbs:

i will try to get next parts on,,,but i need to cut footage,,,and that slightly out my league on my computer skills :icon_redface: ,,,if i fail blame chartploskie on here :laugh::laugh::thumbs:

ive got a saturday film for the guys on here,,,only 10min,s worth as i havent worked out how to get full program on yet,,,,so hopfully next week ill have part two on lol

its old program almost 40years ago,,,,from newcastle rising sun 1973,,,next week might be able to work out to put on next part

here video ,,,i know its not hunting ,,,but maybe a good watch for some and a bit off history to the breed :thumbs::thumbs:

takes about 50secound,s before program starts :thumbs:

th_tyneteestv1.jpg

like i said to you south yorkshire flapping tracks nd greyhound tracks are full of these dogs so why use coursing stock?to breed lurchers?when i said this you answered me in block caps nd wall bash,now your praising said places,nd lurchers all lovely pic's most info i have enjoyed,i used to love to read old sammy stuff,nd grews as a baseline for lurchers works just as good as coursing bloodlines :o sorry to point this out as you do know your stuff :angel:

• Like 1

i will try,,,dvd,s 28mins long,,,,,chartploski was good enough to send me a copy,,,and my hats off to him for keeping footage all those years or it might have been lost forever,,,i think he,s gave few dvds out down south to whippet pll,s ( just incase i cant get the next 18mins on ,,as 2nd half is better :thumbs: 1st part was really a intro ,,,ive tryed utube ,dvd too long to upload,,,my photobucket will only save 1st 10mins :blink:

i like the program as gives a good insight on pll,s back in the 70,s ,,,off the geordie,s ( miner,s or xminers ) its tv gold :thumbs:

i will try to get next parts on,,,but i need to cut footage,,,and that slightly out my league on my computer skills :icon_redface: ,,,if i fail blame chartploskie on here :laugh::laugh::thumbs:

Hi mate, I made lots of copies and handed them out to people who were around at the time,(1972 I think). I still see some of the people who were on that film, and the lad that had Sally is now into horses and still keeps a Beddy/Whippet around his stables. Sally was only around 26lb and had pleanty Collie in her and could catch a hare, and as he says on the film, she did 8.70's for 150yds, not a bad time for what was essentialy a Lurcher, back then !! I've been to Westerhope Whippets this morning, and will be at the Rising Sun tomorrow, but it's nothing like back then !!

Cheers.

Cheers.

:clapper: Well done chartpolski for sourcing that lovely piece of film,..and Whippet x Grey for making it accessible.. :clapper:

Brought back so many memories...

I was never a racing man,..but, several of my rabbiting pals turned to the game,..whilst I took another route,,...but,.I can certainly see the attraction that caused them to go,.'whippet mad'... :D

Super thread lads,...great times,.great days,.long may they continue...

All the best,..CHALKWARREN... :thumbs:

Hi mate, I made lots of copies and handed them out to people who were around at the time,(1972 I think). I still see some of the people who were on that film, and the lad that had Sally is now into horses and still keeps a Beddy/Whippet around his stables. Sally was only around 26lb and had pleanty Collie in her and could catch a hare, and as he says on the film, she did 8.70's for 150yds, not a bad time for what was essentialy a Lurcher, back then !! I've been to Westerhope Whippets this morning, and will be at the Rising Sun tomorrow, but it's nothing like back then !!

Cheers.

Cheers.

i just like to thnkz for sending me dvd,,yeah sally was my fav on video,,,we had similar type dogs run a kirkcaldy ( ped,s /non peds / lurchers ,all good fun ),,,i was 1st taken to track when i was 4/5 year old ,,when my step father got with my mother,,,,who is my dad 2day :thumbs: i think i 1st stepped on track 1979 or 80,s,,,,ive never looked back since,,apart from when i turned keeper early 90,s ,,,,but as most whippet folk i came back in 2005 ,,,,,my step father was in program in 80,s 3 part serous on bbc one,,,but footage is lost,,,,thats why i thought its soo important to get what footage we have on net,,,as it will be lost :thumbs:

cant thank u enuogh chartploski for dvd,,,not gave it to step father yet ,,,as ill never see it again, :laugh: but i will when i manage to safe all on net :laugh:

i cant explain why pll,s choose whippets or whippet crosses,,,,but one thing is for sure there ,,a mans best friend and try there best,,,there a very affectionate breed,,,and nothing changed 2day in them , as in house there just the same ,,,pain in the ass, :laugh: they still steal ur chair :blink:

atb bob

i will try get rest up next few days,,,,but if i fail it wont be the lack off trying,,,and if anyone else has footage put them up,,,as grew topic,,,is a friendly place and we dont judge :thumbs::thumbs:

Cheers.

Cheers.

i just like to thnkz for sending me dvd,,yeah sally was my fav on video,,,we had similar type dogs run a kirkcaldy ( ped,s /non peds / lurchers ,all good fun ),,,i was 1st taken to track when i was 4/5 year old ,,when my step father got with my mother,,,,who is my dad 2day :thumbs: i think i 1st stepped on track 1979 or 80,s,,,,ive never looked back since,,apart from when i turned keeper early 90,s ,,,,but as most whippet folk i came back in 2005 ,,,,,my step father was in program in 80,s 3 part serous on bbc one,,,but footage is lost,,,,thats why i thought its soo important to get what footage we have on net,,,as it will be lost :thumbs:

cant thank u enuogh chartploski for dvd,,,not gave it to step father yet ,,,as ill never see it again, :laugh: but i will when i manage to safe all on net :laugh:

i cant explain why pll,s choose whippets or whippet crosses,,,,but one thing is for sure there ,,a mans best friend and try there best,,,there a very affectionate breed,,,and nothing changed 2day in them , as in house there just the same ,,,pain in the ass, :laugh: they still steal ur chair :blink:

atb bob

i will try get rest up next few days,,,,but if i fail it wont be the lack off trying,,,and if anyone else has footage put them up,,,as grew topic,,,is a friendly bunch :thumbs::thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs::thumbs: