help spliting them

hi guys i know breeding season is coming soon and i need advise, ive got 2 jills and two hobs of which one jill and one hob are family. so they will need split anyways . so im having to build some new cages for them . so will i have to build the jills one each and one for the hobs or will i have to build one each for the hobs as well? is in total four new cages? ive had all four together since i got them last summer so will that make a diffrence with spliting the hobs?

ive 5 hobs together and had no problems with them fighting in breeding season mate.

I've found they're usually OK together as long as there aren't any jills in season about the place.. :yes::thumbs:

We have two hobs which we have to split up or they do get fighting, but I've found in the past that brothers brought up and living together all the time have been fine: yes, there might be a bit of dragging about, but nothing serious. All depends on your ferrets. Get an extra hutch ready just in case.

two of my 3 hobs have started to come into season and the two that have started to have a bit of a brawl last night so i will be taking them out the court and putting them in seperate hutch's soon,doe's anyone know what sort of price i'd be looking at to have one of them vasectomised,cheers chris.

two of my 3 hobs have started to come into season and the two that have started to have a bit of a brawl last night so i will be taking them out the court and putting them in seperate hutch's soon,doe's anyone know what sort of price i'd be looking at to have one of them vasectomised,cheers chris.

Getting only one done COULD cause trouble with the other 2..........

hi guys i know breeding season is coming soon and i need advise, ive got 2 jills and two hobs of which one jill and one hob are family. so they will need split anyways . so im having to build some new cages for them . so will i have to build the jills one each and one for the hobs or will i have to build one each for the hobs as well? is in total four new cages? ive had all four together since i got them last summer so will that make a diffrence with spliting the hobs?

Just going off personal experience ( and this is not all hobs ) most need seperating when they come into season, they can and do fight ( i know people who have lost hobs ) especially if they smell your jills in season.

the jills should be fine together, so three cages needed.

Cheapest method if you are not wanting kits get one of your hob vasetomised, he will bring the girls out of season.

He will still have to be kept seperate through the breeding season though as even though he fires blanks he still has all his hormones.

Do you need two hobs ?

What about a Hob in season and a Jill that has been Spayed they're all-right to be together won't they? My hob has become a little feisty lately. Lou

He will still rag her and try to mate with her, hobs will even try to mate other hobs, i would not take the chance if you value your jill..

its cheaper to get the hob castrated than a jill spayed.