Never run a light............

........Or so I am told...............

Was out the other night lamping and came across two wee lads that were in the middle of a hunt on Charlie. Both dogs were giving Charlie stick and were unluckily to catch the bsatard in the end.

It was during our conversation with the lads made my ears prick up, one proceeded to slag off the other for running a white and fawn wheaten X, WE WOULD HAVE CAUGHT THAT CNUT HAD YOU DYED THAT DOG, yes you heard me right, he was telling us that if he ever gets a bright colored dog he would dye it brown.

I made further inquires re this strange behaviour and was told that he would never ever run a bright colored dog, because the rabbit/fox can see the dog a long way off and make its escape.

I have never came across such a case and was wondering if any one you lads think that a bright colored dog is a disadvantage in the field, or like me do you think that this wee fella needs help.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Utter Bollocks.A good Dog is Never a Bad Colour.

THERES ALWAYS ONE SLAPHEAD WITH A THICK RACIST VOICE

........Or so I am told...............

Was out the other night lamping and came across two wee lads that were in the middle of a hunt on Charlie. Both dogs were giving Charlie stick and were unluckily to catch the bsatard in the end.

It was during our conversation with the lads made my ears prick up, one proceeded to slag off the other for running a white and fawn wheaten X, WE WOULD HAVE CAUGHT THAT CNUT HAD YOU DYED THAT DOG, yes you heard me right, he was telling us that if he ever gets a bright colored dog he would dye it brown.

I made further inquires re this strange behaviour and was told that he would never ever run a bright colored dog, because the rabbit/fox can see the dog a long way off and make its escape.

I have never came across such a case and was wondering if any one you lads think that a bright colored dog is a disadvantage in the field, or like me do you think that this wee fella needs help.

what a load of absoult shite....

Right i reckon white dogs can do equally as well as dark dogs on the lamp and agree with all of the above. However (and this is just an observation so dont shoot me) i have been out with a few very dark dogs, some fairly small and have noticed that ,amy times i have been thinking that the rabbit should clock and start to leg it any second and its sat there oblivious until the dog has been right on it and has often been snatched up before it can run, and i'm not talking about squatters, but rabbits sat feeding in the beam. Any thoughts, or is it just random?

Right i reckon white dogs can do equally as well as dark dogs on the lamp and agree with all of the above. However (and this is just an observation so dont shoot me) i have been out with a few very dark dogs, some fairly small and have noticed that ,amy times i have been thinking that the rabbit should clock and start to leg it any second and its sat there oblivious until the dog has been right on it and has often been snatched up before it can run, and i'm not talking about squatters, but rabbits sat feeding in the beam. Any thoughts, or is it just random?

just random i reckon,seen some get up and move off straight away,others squat some just kept on feeding go out often enough and we all see the different scenarios, personally iv never found it a hindrance running a white dog :thumbs: