Too many foxes in an urban enviroment

We are getting a massive influx of foxes in lemington ne158al ... I mentioned this to the local council who thought they where lovely animals and best left alone ?

Trouble is they are now coming out in daylight ALL the time .... I have no tools to shoot them and would be in trouble anyway as its a housing estate ( no open ticket )

The other day was the last straw .... lass has just moved in 4 doors away ... she was chucking some gear out of the house old mattress etc when she saw this ... I had time to get my phone out and take the vid ... I didnt realise what she was worried about so didnt grab my little bitch terrier ( who ran away )

Can i leggaly kill this fox and how ... this happens every single day now ALL day .. no cats left in the area

This is one of the smaller foxes

Edited by slogger

atleast its shifting the cats from the area, best thing to do pal trap it.

15 siteings at least and thats just me ... there isnt just one fox ... Trapping would be easy as i have the gear to make a trap out of an old dog cage BUT ... what to do with it once trapped ... How do you despatch a fox without a rifle / shotgun ?

Edited by slogger

15 siteings at least and thats just me ... there isnt just one fox ... Trapping would be easy as i have the gear to make a trap out of an old dog cage BUT ... what to do with it once trapped ... How do you despatch a fox without a rifle / shotgun ?

i know how i'd despatch of it. :whistling:

have alook round for the dens and get some terrier men of here who also have a rifle or shotgun. :thumbs:

i know how i'd despatch of it. :whistling:

have alook round for the dens and get some terrier men of here who also have a rifle or shotgun. :thumbs:

There are no visible dens this is a housing estate ? will the foxes be living elsewhere or will they have dens nearby ? how far do these animals travel to feed

just watched the vid :icon_eek: that fox doesnt have any fear of humans or dogs does it? I wont comment on the terriers reaction :whistling: am sure there will be plenty others who will on here :laugh: but I think cage trapping will be your most successful option

:clapper: @ The dog's reaction! :laugh: I've got a little 10 inch russell here who chased a full grown fox through gardens over into the next estate after she saw it coming out of a neighbours garden when I let her out for a piss.. She'd never seen a fox before & she's not much bigger than a big buck rabbit! :D

Trap and despatch would be the method I'd use, but I'd be very careful to make sure I done it by the book with no loose ends if I lived in a place like you've described.. :yes::thumbs:

:clapper: @ The dog's reaction! :laugh: I've got a little 10 inch russell here who chased a full grown fox through gardens over into the next estate after she saw it coming out of a neighbours garden when I let her out for a piss.. She'd never seen a fox before & she's not much bigger than a big buck rabbit! :D

Trap and despatch would be the method I'd use, but I'd be very careful to make sure I done it by the book with no loose ends if I lived in a place like you've described.. :yes::thumbs:

my little 7/8 month old russell thinks hes a lurcher cant weigh more than 10lbs and 10 tts but a fox popped out in front of us few weks back and he was on it lol had a right set to with it n that terrier in the film twice the size lol