where are they gone

You must remember you can only kill something once ..if half of what is said on here and other places is true then the humble bunny might not be so humble any more ..i mean its ok to have a mooch around in summer pulling the odd bunny here and there taking the odd squeaker out of the hedgebacks etc but to go all out at it in july/august is killing the game in places and it will spread

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went out gate hopping last night to try and get my salukix greyhound pup a few runs on rabbits and 2 hours later had only seen 1 rabbit and this from places that i used to take big numbers years ago. i bred the pup for longears but dont think i would want to keep a dog just for bunnies anymore with ths lack of them about .quite a few locals have said the same to me about not seeing many and thats in a few differant places .how are othersfinding it .

Wonder how many other folk are hoping those gates? :whistling:

went out gate hopping last night to try and get my salukix greyhound pup a few runs on rabbits and 2 hours later had only seen 1 rabbit and this from places that i used to take big numbers years ago. i bred the pup for longears but dont think i would want to keep a dog just for bunnies anymore with ths lack of them about .quite a few locals have said the same to me about not seeing many and thats in a few differant places .how are othersfinding it .

Wonder how many other folk are hoping those gates? :whistling:

i think that what it comes down to,well round here eny way,every ones at it..

Sorry Boyo but i beat you to them gates, better luck next time. haha

Its bad round here, Sussex, too. Got plenty of permission just no rabbits! Out four nights in the last week, walked alot of ground and only had 6 in total. Its not poachers here, a mixture of mixy, VHD and hard weather i reckon.