neophobia with ratty

not been on here for a while.....

posted elsewhere, so some may have already seen this. Clearly showing "oooo' that wernt there yesterday"

senario was, under floor boards, customer had found chewed objects in his room.

day 1, (cam inserted for positive id) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaP_IdMLD_s

day 2, (trap applied, with crunchy peanut butter) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-78DFCbrICc

you can see the confidence building in that there rat, best thing i have watched all xmas,

i have a rat out the back that i have bin after for 3 weeks now, talk about neophobia, this thing is paranoid, i have laid off for a few days so it lets its guard down, could have poisoned it , but i,m gonna trap it, just a personnal thing, i have had 3 others in traps around the place , but this thing just aint having it,23 years as a pro pester and i can,t catch my own vermin...yet :toast:

a week after the public execution, the equiptment was lifted.

shortly after the first video, an obvious entry point into the building was found - a nice burrow from a drain point, straight opposite a broken air brick. However very little was changed in the rats environment untill i was sure that no more were staying over for xmas.

after a week passed with no further relatives passing through, and baiting the burrow outside to indicate any further activity (none) the hole was backfilled (to be monitored) the air brick was repaired, job closed.

thanks for the replies.

Edited by donky7

Soooo [as a non pro pestie] does the video demonstrate there is no such thing as neophobia? As I understand it it was trap down; Roland caught no three week wait and no real Neophobia to speak off?

No I think the video cleary deonstrates that not only did have a trap there that the rat avoided but poisioned bait blocks that he didnt eat neither,

Moley cant fault your honesty many fairy story tellers on here never have a blank day or trap that fails

I always meet rats with neophobia on a premises with a difficult client :censored: supose thats what makes the job intresting :hmm:

Soooo [as a non pro pestie] does the video demonstrate there is no such thing as neophobia? As I understand it it was trap down; Roland caught no three week wait and no real Neophobia to speak off?

No I think the video cleary deonstrates that not only did have a trap there that the rat avoided but poisioned bait blocks that he didnt eat neither,

Moley cant fault your honesty many fairy story tellers on here never have a blank day or trap that fails

I always meet rats with neophobia on a premises with a difficult client :censored: supose thats what makes the job intresting :hmm:

clever things them rats,and so inteligent to.after all the war man kind have out upon them they still here.belive it or noti got two pet ones lol haha,and it can make you re-think your trapping style after watching them clever fuckers for a few weeks. :thumbs: