second dig to my young bitch !!

as some of ye know from a previous dig a few week back when mushray and scent was up i dug to a young bitch (14 month's) and done very well , she has being out afew times just checking holes just trying to get her to run them as she is still very green,

well out today to a place i dug once last season to my waterford dog, it is a rangey earth but not to deep two foot most places,

before that we tried a one holer that she had no interest in it, i double checked it with my jack dog again he walked away, so got to the second place, it is in thick cover so i push up into it as danny followed me in with the bitch i got to the main hole at the top and sat down waiting for danny to get up to me, she started to pull over to a half opened hole on the way up she done her best to get in , but as she being young and green i said i enter her in the main entrance , collar checked and off she went at full tilt, left her 10 min's, not a sound came from the holes, i check the box and located her about 15 feet away, pinned the dog and listened i could hear her working her game, mixing it up well, she young so i tap on the ground to she what she or her game would do, she backed up abit then on again, so i said i dig to her with danny on the box to see would she move,

i broke in on top of the bitch and opened up, her game had moved back abit so i let the bitch off again but it was only the lenght of herself in and got stuck in so i opened again and let her qurry run i check the hole again where she drove in to and made contact again, again opened up pull the terrier out and the game was let run i check over the bitch and gave her a last look up the hole where she wanted to push in as she opened up so off with the lead in again she pushed and made contact to a third qurry she had gone about 2 foot in but it was tight , again i opened a new hole to her, as she work it well mixing it well up , again let run for another day , a good check over the bitch and she ok nicely mark on the nose, i very happy with this bitch in the way she worked again, she get a long rest off now, well earned ,

atb sounder :thumbs:

here a few pic of the bitch

Photo0290.jpg

Photo0288.jpg

Photo0281.jpg

Photo0291.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic