Wheeler bred dogs?

Like I asked before has anyone got any 4/5 year old still doin the job

Cheers mate just wondered as you hear alot only last a couple of seasons then see the light as I like to say be nice to see if many on here have

Cheers

nuttal x wheeler and wheeler breed dogs is all my mate keeps

he has a few abot 4/5 but cant put pic up mate to badly marked up :whistling:

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just found this pic of my old 'Wheeler' bred dog, he had a lump of a head on him.

13 months     12 months

Posted Images

Lots of talk about blood and looks, be nice to read more about work. Some of these are impressive looking animals but never really hear about the working merits.

Edited by GD Waz
  • Like 2
Guest arthur b

Any lads got any wheeler stuff 4/5yr old still doin the job ?????

Nobodys got any Wheeler dogs fullstop.They have all been outcrossed at least once.I havnt seen a single dog on this thread that looks like a proper wheeler dog.

snap

Any lads got any wheeler stuff 4/5yr old still doin the job ?????

Nobodys got any Wheeler dogs fullstop.They have all been outcrossed at least once.I havnt seen a single dog on this thread that looks like a proper wheeler dog.

just want to say that if a terrier thats only say 35 percent wheeler but it is is typical for wheeler type in the way it hunts than it is better say than a 75 percent or more wheeler bred dog.

learned that from BIGD. i liked what BIGD of limey kennel said in the interview. He talked about breeding on the emphasis on type, not just percentage or purity.

"And I assure you, our dogs are no worse than those dogs Hammonds, who have the pedigrees of 15 or 20 times the Alligator. We had their breeding with an emphasis on TYPE, especially considering how appearance and quality in the ring. . If a pedigree dog only 25-30% of the alligator, but he is a typical representative of the line, we prefer it to the breeding, to someone who will be 75% on paper but in reality it does not match the line Alligator. То That is a dog with 30% of the Alligator blood may be more pure than the one in which 75% of the pedigree. In this case, I am sure that pedigree is very important for breeding, but it is worth nothing if the 4-generation pedigree of your dog, there is no one like (typical) on Alligator. The technique that we use for breeding, use not many, most likely because they do not understand simple things! "

http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Facdckennels.narod.ru%2Flimey.htm

Stick to pitbulls mate.

why ?? there isnt a seperate law of inheritance for working terriers.Its the same for,pigeons,rats,snakes ,people etc..It also means that a dog could be a grandson of a great worker yet not be carrying any of his genes.Weve all seen people who look a ringer for 1 of their grandparents,and nothing like their own parents or other grandparents.I suppose the lesson here is only breed worker to workers and not grandchildren,nephews etc. to good workers

Edited by tinytiger