malamutes save flint08s life.

flint08s asked me to put this up. ive just got back from the hospital and visiting flint08 after his nights lamping was cut short by a herd of charolais cows and calves,

whilst out with the dogs and two other men a herd of cows with calves came running towards them and one drove flint08 to the ground and started stamping on him with the rest of the herd joining in, the two other men with flint08 were powerless to do anything to free him from the herd despite several attempts. after a while some of the herd moved away and left only 5 cows still attacking, one of the men set the malamutes on the cows and the dogs responded buy going straight in and locking onto the one cow and trying to pull it off after a good battle with the one beast they released him and went straight in at the remaining cows who after a bit more of a battle finally backed off leaving flint08 to be helped by the two other men who taken him straight to the hospital.

i think it shows how brave and reliable the dogs are when asked, his two stock broken dogs broke the rules on command saving a life. i wonder how much the malamute blood contributed to them standing there ground perhaps it is good blood to have in a lurcher.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

very sorry the man got hurt !! cows and calves in a field at night and dogs ..dont mix the cows instinct is to look after the calves !! bet the farmer is f..kin delighted his cows have been

simon pan man i just speak the truth if you cant understand truth and have some respect

bollox

flint08s asked me to put this up. ive just got back from the hospital and visiting flint08 after his nights lamping was cut short by a herd of charolais cows and calves,

whilst out with the dogs and two other men a herd of cows with calves came running towards them and one drove flint08 to the ground and started stamping on him with the rest of the herd joining in, the two other men with flint08 were powerless to do anything to free him from the herd despite several attempts. after a while some of the herd moved away and left only 5 cows still attacking, one of the men set the malamutes on the cows and the dogs responded buy going straight in and locking onto the one cow and trying to pull it off after a good battle with the one beast they released him and went straight in at the remaining cows who after a bit more of a battle finally backed off leaving flint08 to be helped by the two other men who taken him straight to the hospital.

i think it shows how brave and reliable the dogs are when asked, his two stock broken dogs broke the rules on command saving a life. i wonder how much the malamute blood contributed to them standing there ground perhaps it is good blood to have in a lurcher.

good story m8t enjoyed reading it alb

very sorry the man got hurt !! cows and calves in a field at night and dogs ..dont mix the cows instinct is to look after the calves !! bet the farmer is f..kin delighted his cows have been bitten to f..k!!

• Like 6

I had the same problem years ago but I was running a collie cross, with his added inteligence he also phoned the emergency services and produced a wonderfull steak tata before they arrived.................

On a serious note hope he is ok, cows are strong beasts........

"Whats that Skippy? uncle lou is stuck down the mine, you say ! I'll go get help"

:laugh::laugh: Now thats funny!!

Should have got a "Blackwater" dog, it would have give him mouth to mouth and herded the feckers to the shed and milked them as well....still chuckling here mind, I keep thinking of Alan Partrige when the cow fell on him! lol lol