Why do so many lurchers get swopped about?

Alot off people start there dogs to early 10 months old thinking because there same size as there older dogs they should be doing what there big dogs are doing and never give the pup the chance off being a pup and giving it time to grow and mature.

Most dogs going about are so called fox dogs because they didn,t take bit off stick off a Charlie there gone but who is going keep a dog that not doing the job there looking it till do no one.

Not enough thought before buying contributes to this I think :thumbs: its all well buying in the pup but when it comes to putting in the time,a lot of people cannot be arsed :censored: , bail out at the first sign of trouble with the pup or dog :wallbash: ,,dog then ends up for sale or Free to good home,usual excuses :whistling: whole cycle begins dog passed from pillar to post,a little more thought before buying would go a long way :victory:

I always thought it was because half the lurcher world see the dogs as a tool, nothing more, and if the tool doesnt do what they want, they sell it, and try another tool, and so on and so forth.

Not my own way, but each to their own.

Shame though for the dogs, being passed from pillar to post.

whats the main reason for this happening?

I have watched numerous people on here buying and selling dogs and even giving them away Why?

Because there are lots of men with lurchers and not many lurchermen about!!! some its just a fad, many dont know why they have them, for what quarry, get wrong type or breed for their need, dont know how to bring one on, how to train them, dont know about working them, their health, conformation, build, movement, good feet, bad feet. Basically nothing, or am I just getting old. All the best. WR.

I used to buy and sell motorbikes like some people go through bloody lurchers. Its a case of never been satisfied with what they have, always thinking there is something better around the corner. Too many people have the opinion.....if it doesn't work i won't keep it in my kennel, i have never owned a failure. Then again i haven't had that many dogs in all the years i have been hunting.....because to me there like one of the family..here to the end.To me its the owners that have failed, not the dog. People treat them like disposable commodities. It stinks.

I used to buy and sell motorbikes like some people go through bloody lurchers. Its a case of never been satisfied with what they have, always thinking there is something better around the corner. Too many people have the opinion.....if it doesn't work i won't keep it in my kennel, i have never owned a failure. Then again i haven't had that many dogs in all the years i have been hunting.....because to me there like one of the family..here to the end.To me its the owners that have failed, not the dog. People treat them like disposable commodities. It stinks.

totally agree with you wuyang

totally agree with you wuyang

iam not sticking up for anybody or anything its just sometimes sercomstances can change, some people cant help this and have to sacrifice thier dog to either rehome for personal reasons or through being so skint the money raised of selling a dog helps keep a roof over the familys head i no ive been thier and its bloody hard having to sell a dog to help the family keep going some people go through some really hard times and some like the above states just have that many dogs go through the pens its unreal,

most of the dogs that get passed about are shit. insted of puting them in a pet home of putting them down they sell them on to make a few ££££ and fill the next owners head with some sob story why they have to get rid of it. then the poor bloke gets home with his shit dog takes it out finds out its shit and it all starts again.

or he will breed it to make his money back then there will be 10 more shit dogs getting passed about. and so on and so on. this is also the reason there is hardly any good dogs about nowadays.

rant over.

• Like 1

most of the dogs that get passed about are shit. insted of puting them in a pet home of putting them down they sell them on to make a few ££££ and fill the next owners head with some sob story why they have to get rid of it. then the poor bloke gets home with his shit dog takes it out finds out its shit and it all starts again.

or he will breed it to make his money back then there will be 10 more shit dogs getting passed about. and so on and so on. this is also the reason there is hardly any good dogs about nowadays.

rant over.

:notworthy: Spot on 100pct :thumbs:

whats the main reason for this happening?

I have watched numerous people on here buying and selling dogs and even giving them away Why?

Because there are lots of men with lurchers and not many lurchermen about!!! some its just a fad, many dont know why they have them, for what quarry, get wrong type or breed for their need, dont know how to bring one on, how to train them, dont know about working them, their health, conformation, build, movement, good feet, bad feet. Basically nothing, or am I just getting old. All the best. WR.

top answer got it right people who want to be lurcher men without putting the time and effort in :thumbs:

rant over.

:notworthy: Spot on 100pct :thumbs:

Ture, :thumbs: but alot of people by the (wrong) x for the quarry they hunt, and start the dogs to young on some quarry.?? OK some dogs are never going to make it, and they will be shit. But feck me alot dogs started right+worked on the right quarry, would have a better start in the hunting game. get the right dog for the job, :yes: