First night out for me and my dog

Just to say cant wait for tonight first night out on the lamp for me and my dog hes 12 months old and iv bin told to let him be a puppy first so now me and my uncle

who is helping me out with him think its time he told me its better to start them

on a lamp so im going with his advie its always worked for his dogs so hopefully

mine to hes 1/4 greyhound 1/4 lurcher 1/4 sluki and 1/4 greyhound and he aint a bad dog

calmed down loads listens to me ok he runs good just hope it good on a rabbit im not

expecting miracles but if he kills tonyt its a start thanks . BIG ASH .

when i started to take my pup out es only 15month now started the same time as u jumped straight into lamping as thats all i knew as i yst to go out with me old man doin it the first time i dnt get note but the drenalinn rush was banging lol even tho he dint catch it he put in a good run so that made me happy for me take it at yr own pace mate dnt rush cuz in the long run its better for u both and mines cacthing every time i go out now alvb mogs :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only had my we bull whippit month and half now, started him of ferreting 1st going into open field and letting the rabbits get good head start and letting the dog catch and retrieve then let him catch a few by just bolting the rabbits ferreting. Then when i went lamping he knew the score, didnt take squated rabbits untill they ran but most dogs learning dont take squaters. best of luck :)

Only had my we bull whippit month and half now, started him of ferreting 1st going into open field and letting the rabbits get good head start and letting the dog catch and retrieve then let him catch a few by just bolting the rabbits ferreting. Then when i went lamping he knew the score, didnt take squated rabbits untill they ran but most dogs learning dont take squaters. best of luck :)

Hi guy's im back up nice and early thanks to my son hahaha love him to bits just to fill u in

i went out about 9ish last night went to a little bit of land with a good healthy number of

rabbits. Just to let u no it all went well as we got there we shined the lamp on one of the

fields and saw there wer alot of bunnies out so i was buzzin ben my lurcher pup was happy to

be out to it had taken about an hour or 2 for him to start getting to grips with the lamp and

what was at the other end of the beam he had a few runs didnt catch but very close he stalked one

rabbit and was inches away from his first kill but i wasnt expecting miricals he had a run at

another which he chaced for a wile well at least till the rabbit run by about 6 horses then he stoped

(so would i) he did ok i recon wer out tonyt aswell hopefully better tonyt thanks for all the advice BIGASH .

Hi guy's im back up nice and early thanks to my son hahaha love him to bits just to fill u in

i went out about 9ish last night went to a little bit of land with a good healthy number of

rabbits. Just to let u no it all went well as we got there we shined the lamp on one of the

fields and saw there wer alot of bunnies out so i was buzzin ben my lurcher pup was happy to

be out to it had taken about an hour or 2 for him to start getting to grips with the lamp and

what was at the other end of the beam he had a few runs didnt catch but very close he stalked one

rabbit and was inches away from his first kill but i wasnt expecting miricals he had a run at

another which he chaced for a wile well at least till the rabbit run by about 6 horses then he stoped

(so would i) he did ok i recon wer out tonyt aswell hopefully better tonyt thanks for all the advice BIGASH .

:thumbs: you seem like a decent lad to me mate,i can just tell lol,as said mate keep at it and keep us posted :thumbs: