First Lurcher - Deerhound x Greyhound?

Hi this is my first lurcher/long dog, was told he is 2nd x, deerhound x greyhound not sure the percentages?? would anyone have a guess? bearing in mind hes 3 months old.

Nice brindle colour with huge paws which im guessing is the deerhound in him. being a 2nd x as i was told... does this mean he is lurcher x lurcher as i only saw the mother she was tall and grey with a broken coat not a pure deerhound i dont think??? i think i would have been told if she was... had a little read up about colourations of greyhound x deerhounds and aparently most 1st crosses are brindle and a few black?? is this right?

Nice Brindle colour now.............I would guess that he will be predominantly grey with heather brindle underneath when he is grown up

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great Dogs to own and work.      

I wouldn't worry too much about size either. I have had lurchers and longdogs for about 35 years I started with small dogs and later went over to big dogs. In the past I certainly regularly found myse

dont start working him at 6 months matey let him be a pup.wait till hes fully grown and his training is sorted(recall etc). just remember theres no rush plenty of working years ahead of him

Posted Images

i will try to get my pics up of the ones i had mate 1 is a deerhoundxgreyhound 1stx put back to a whippet dog and the other is a deerhoundxgreyhound x deerhoundxgreyhound x deerhoundxgreyhound x deerhound/greyhound/whippet/greyhound give me 10mins and i will put them up.IMG00043-20100926-1634.jpg

IMG00044-20100926-1635.jpg