went to check a few mole traps today, as the customer said there was one in a trap, good old talipex had caught yet another, on checking the trap line, noticed a barrel trap had fired, yet was empty, this same trap had, had a miss catch before, so decieded to change it to a talipex, as one side was still set, I fingered the trigger before it was put in my trap bag...

big mistake, I had forgotten my thumb was in the way :doh:

christ, it FECKING HURT, :wallbash: catching me just below the bottom of thumb nail :cry::cry::cry:

luckerly only a flesh wound,lol, and so glad the customer was'ent watching

but a first for me, so was that my introdution to the mole catching clan

went to check a few mole traps today, as the customer said there was one in a trap, good old talipex had caught yet another, on checking the trap line, noticed a barrel trap had fired, yet was empty, this same trap had, had a miss catch before, so decieded to change it to a talipex, as one side was still set, I fingered the trigger before it was put in my trap bag...

big mistake, I had forgotten my thumb was in the way :doh:

christ, it FECKING HURT, :wallbash: catching me just below the bottom of thumb nail :cry::cry::cry:

luckerly only a flesh wound,lol, and so glad the customer was'ent watching

but a first for me, so was that my introdution to the mole catching clan

Awwww yer wee sore nail....................f*****g MAN UP!!!!!!! :tongue2:

Fenn's are quite interesting when they go off and there's a finger in that really small gap between the jaws :icon_redface: OUCH.

I second that. Fenn MK4 has to be top of the pain list, magnum bodygrips are a close second.

I beg to differ had both mark 4 and a mk6 and the mark 6 hurt more but only when someone else got it of my fingers, while it was on my fingers no pain just numb, also had a talpex pinch my finger giving me a nice blood blister,

p.s there is a new initiation test before you are in, turn the talpex upside down, put your todger inbetween the jaws then get your misses to set it off, if this can be done with a tear to the eye you are in :thumbs:

I reckon a Juby would be a better test than the Kania ChalkWarren - just lowering your back wheels onto the plate would sort the men from the boys ...

OTC

Ive been there and whore the tea shirt and them jubies are pretty painfull and the imbra..fenns and mole traps hurt but they dont break bones.

yeaaahhh i caught my fingers loads in fenn traps on my work experience on an estate. only hurt a couple of times, its mainly shock though! f*****g shit yourself when it goes haahaha some are stiffer than others thats the worste thing :doh::hmm:

You havent passed yet my friend!! A dufus spring at full whack right on the knuckle end on a freezing cold winter morning, that brings tears to your eyes. Especially if its one of the first traps set and you have another shed load to go down.

You cant beat that numb stinging sensation.

Now wipe your eyes and get a grip you southern fairy :tongue2: