Just out of interest?

Anyone out there can enlighten me as to the capabilities of the dog standing at stud on the CMW,this weeks issue.An unusual looking dog but at 500 pounds he must be able to put his money where his mouth is.If anyone can give a general opinion of how good this dog is or its offspring I would be very interested to read about it.What makes them better than other dogs out there.I'm not doubting that the dog is as good as is advertised,but its a nice sum for a service.I've just aquired a pup and am very happy with my new charge,just interested in the topic,JIGSAW

if your on about the presa canario ... it dosent seem to say a price ..? dont no to much about them they come from canary isle ..a freind of mine has got one who moved to tenerefe they used to be used for cattle dogs and fighting dogs but mostly for guard dogs but his dog weighs about 120 pounds and he said thats average for a dog so that one in the countrymans is quiet light but proberly better to put over a lurcher .... not really known as a working dog. but i dont no to much about them hope this helps...

Paddy the pup I got is on the classified section,collie/bull/greyhound xwhippet greyhound.The dam is a few pages back now,a merle bitch.Yes skycat thats the dog I'm on about,forgive my ignorance but what does a tumbler do,and dont say tumbles,I thought that was a pigeon.I think the dog game has suffered badly with all these money mad people.I can remember a few years back pups were given away free and the favour returned always as a point of gratitude and honour.Long gone now they are unfortunatly.I can understand getting a few quid back for a well reared litter as they take some work to get them spot on,but its gone out of hand now,just my opinion.

Paddy the pup I got is on the classified section,collie/bull/greyhound xwhippet greyhound.The dam is a few pages back now,a merle bitch.Yes skycat thats the dog I'm on about,forgive my ignorance but what does a tumbler do,and dont say tumbles,I thought that was a pigeon.I think the dog game has suffered badly with all these money mad people.I can remember a few years back pups were given away free and the favour returned always as a point of gratitude and honour.Long gone now they are unfortunatly.I can understand getting a few quid back for a well reared litter as they take some work to get them spot on,but its gone out of hand now,just my opinion.

"gratitude and honour" .....theres some words you dont see much nowadays,especially around the dog scene !

jigsaw im afraid you are looked at as old fashioned and past it nowadays if you have morals....todays new breed of dogman think they have made achievements when,and only when....they no longer need to work for a living !

Got my pup out of c m w the bloke rung me up twice one the way down to Sutton On The Sour [150miles away ].

Once to check i had brought some money with me because the was no cash point near his house and again to see if i had the full amount :angry:

I dont know if it was because of time wasters or what but its very cheeky to say the least, before i had even see the pups.

The price was £250 witch i saw fair because it was the sort of dog i was after, all the pups were in fine condition and so was mum, stables were spot less and you could tell that he done a good job....

Just out of intrest how much or how little would you be willing to pay for a good stud dog

;)

I paid £250 for 'Glen' Strike while the irons hot, as a stud, and I have to say I got a cracking litter, 6 boys and 5 girls and mostly blue's which is what I was after,

also he complemented my bitch so perfectly, I was really happy with the mating, so money very well spent :D for the right dog I would pay £500 for a stud.

Can i ask why you were after "mostly blue's" ? :unsure:

because I plan to show with the bitch pup I've kept, and every lurcher show I have been to over the last year a blue or black has won, (they have been shinning examples of the breed too though, great conformation!)

plus I have a big soft spot for them as Chance (the mum) was my first working dog and has been a dream to own and work, she's just to nervous to show,

I also love blacks too and blue parti-coloured, I was hoping for blue's and blacks in this litter, but I got all blue except for 2 blue/fawns, (blue/fawns show the dirt more though :11: )