anyone remember the 80s

think alot of them nu wave comics were just one trick ponys.were are they now?

and i cant for the life of me think why acts like french and saunders ever made it.think all of the spin off shows/acts from the comic strip were dire.but like everything else.they made there money.and there not getting up at 5am. 6/7 days a week just to scrape a living.

think he released this after a stint on the young ones.if my memory serves me right he was the landlord.

Yeah he was the Landlord and was the worst part of the program. I've never found the bloke funny to be honest.

:yes: Good comedy writer, crap performer though... :thumbs:

Even at the height of his fame, i wouldn't have paid in washers to watch Alexei Sayle. Mind you, i couldn't be having with Ade Edmondson or Rik Mayall either. Jaysus, the lot of them were hopeless !

Gimme Morecambe and Wise anyday.

Or Bernard Manning [r.i.p]

Even at the height of his fame, i wouldn't have paid in washers to watch Alexei Sayle. Mind you, i couldn't be having with Ade Edmondson or Rik Mayall either. Jaysus, the lot of them were hopeless !

or Les Dawson(R.I.P.)

and Bob Monkhouse(R.I.P.)

Y.I.S Leeview

or Les Dawson(R.I.P.)

Y.I.S Leeview

:yes: ..and in my eyes, the best of the lot: Ronnie Barker. :yes: Great comedy actor/writer/performer. :thumbs:

or Les Dawson(R.I.P.)

Y.I.S Leeview

:yes: ..and in my eyes, the best of the lot: Ronnie Barker. :yes: Great comedy actor/writer/performer. :thumbs:

Ronnie Barker fantastic Porridge is my favourite ever i never tire of watching it fcking brilliant :lol:

Bernard Manning was always too misogynistic for me. He was a bloke's comedian, and i'm much the same about Chubby Brown. God knows, when you've heard ten minutes of his material, you've pretty much heard his entire repertoire.

I generally preferred the gentler side of old school comedy. Someone earlier mentioned Ronnie Barker, and he was just phenomenally talented ! I've cried laughing at Open All Hours, and Porridge. Bloody marvellous vehicles for him, they were.

On the more modern side though, i think Bill Bailey is ace. Jim Jeffries is hilarious when he's on mainstream tv...[ he's a bit raucous when he's totally uncensored ], and although i'm not a big fan of Alan Carr's telly shows, his stand up has me in fits.