lurcher/ tumbler ?

tumblers are just another type of of lurcher no better no worse then any other x,infact i think more tumblers are used more for the ring then actual working,don,t rate these this x 1 bit and by the comments made on this tread i,m not the only 1 ,infact theirs only 1 person the tread that uses them ,so he is right and the rest of us are wrong ,get a grip you know who are and stop talking shit

yep just me theres only 5 dogs left in the world lol... the green eyed monster never show`s its own head :sick: :wankerzo4:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deerhound hunter

tumblers are just another type of of lurcher no better no worse then any other x,infact i think more tumblers are used more for the ring then actual working,don,t rate these this x 1 bit and by the comments made on this tread i,m not the only 1 ,infact theirs only 1 person the tread that uses them ,so he is right and the rest of us are wrong ,get a grip you know who are and stop talking shit

yep just me theres only 5 dogs left in the world lol... the green eyed monster never show`s its own head :sick: :wankerzo4:

just my opion mate ,and for the record your biggest wanker :feck: and how the f**k do you get 6 % black water shit into your dog ,why call your dogs by their proper breed rather the try and be big by calling them tumbler x blackwater 6% shit ,lurcher to lurcher :feck:

Right . . . this is the thing. . . . i'm not knocking anyones dogs, Jeff Burell or x38's or anyones. . . . but whats with the obsessive desire by folk to breakdown and reclassify stuff, there are lurchers, longdogs and pure sight hounds and those three labels actually mean separate things, why is there a need to break 'lurcher' down any further, it doesn't make them any better or worse, thats in the breeding and training. I wouldn't have a problem with jeff burell if he just said - i breed exceptional lurchers. Why x38 do you want to call them tumblers - if you've bred some really good lurchers thats a good thing, thats what they are, calling them a tumbler just sounds daft and doesnt add any more meaning. As for different catching styles, most dogs have their own way in some respects, so you could start making up new 'types' right left and centre. If its a dog thats a cross breed thats got more than just pure sight hound in it and it is used to chase and catch game. . . it's a lurcher, it could be bad, good, mediocre, a world beater, it could have all kinds of different running styles and personality traits but at the end of the day it is a lurcher. :thumbs:

ok folks my experence with the tumbler x is a good one, but not for every body.............. I like my freezer to be full and to watch a good dog work...... We have all had Nike Addidas ect trainers, its a selling point but still go back to the old fravirat (exept for the inexperence that still wear pumps LOL) but so what it works for me. And if it gives me the edge in the field, so be it. What did you catch last season ( pre ban of course) more to the point did you get a second freezer to put your quary in??..... guess not. I have been in the game for 24yrs and have had working lurchers that have been dead longer than some of the posters commenting on this topic. I thought that my best dog was the dogs bollocks, and a hard act to follow...................... till i was given a tumbler x bull. I was that impressed by the pray drive and catch rate that i brought the parants to the pup. so that i dont have to look to far to replace the dog, if worst case senario. Ps hope all your dogs work aswell as mine. ALB ............. X38.............. correct me if im wrong the feet thing hitting the quary is a deer hound trait.

parents cant av bin that good if you managed to buy both.sounds like a puppy farm to me.still got some grabsnappers for sale if you want one. :whistling:

Guest Buttermilk

Blimey i didnt mean to cause a war when i asked, what is a tumbler :icon_redface: Denise

Hmmm. :icon_eek: Quite. I don't think I'll be in a great hurry to contribute to any other threads.

Edited by Buttermilk

Blimey i didnt mean to cause a war when i asked, what is a tumbler :icon_redface: Denise

This aint a war :no: go and ask what a MINSHAW is :D

Well, go on then, what is it??? :tongue2:

to me youv got pure breds and the humble LURCHER.

not long dogs not whirrers not tumblers nothing inbetween.

the dog of choice of the poacher the gamekeeper, gypsie,Hare courser, farmer, ferreter, deer rustler, terreir mans dog, busher, beater, for the first time youngster, weekday worker or reteired moocher, and sadlie the show and racing fanatic :thumbdown: LONG LIVE THE LURCHER! ! versatile and hard working but still always a LURCHER.

the dog of choice of the poacher the gamekeeper, gypsie,Hare courser, farmer, ferreter, deer rustler, terreir mans dog, busher, beater, for the first time youngster, weekday worker or reteired moocher, and sadlie the show and racing fanatic :thumbdown: LONG LIVE THE LURCHER! ! versatile and hard working but still always a LURCHER.

I'd keep the long dog - a cross bred running dog with only sight hound breeds in it. As opposed to a lurcher which contains non-sight hound breed. :tongue2:

I'd keep the long dog - a cross bred running dog with only sight hound breeds in it. As opposed to a lurcher which contains non-sight hound breed. :tongue2:

i know what a lond dog is mate. youv read to many plummer books. a lurcher is a lurcher.