lurcher/ tumbler ?

both are lurcher one is small er than others nothing diffrent and to be real shortlegged is not a good breeding piont for a running dog kep collie grew type fpor twenty years roughly but they are no t tumblers whinlers , or whatever ,there collie grew type ,pleas come to the real world and see thta they are fawn rough coated lurcher with inbred traits we had these type late seventies and before my time etc before they all started nameing dogs after there selves ,

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

both are lurcher one is small er than others nothing diffrent and to be real shortlegged is not a good breeding piont for a running dog kep collie grew type fpor twenty years roughly but they are no t tumblers whinlers , or whatever ,there collie grew type ,pleas come to the real world and see thta they are fawn rough coated lurcher with inbred traits we had these type late seventies and before my time etc before they all started nameing dogs after there selves ,

I don't know about you whin but its not exactly a good selling point, the old short legged tumbler.... They'd be as well renaming it.... titch or stumpy!!! I know which I'd prefer anyhow..... something that can look over the top of a daffodile....

:icon_eek: I thought you guys were at the wind up!!! What site is this mate?

The info i found was on....lurchers.org.uk...........enter the site then head under F@Q. Just looks like variation in the litter to me....tumber my Ar~E

Edited by wuyang

:icon_eek: I thought you guys were at the wind up!!! What site is this mate?

The info i found was on....lurchers.org.uk...........enter the site then head under F@Q. Just looks like variation in the litter to me....tumber my Ar~E

Please tell me they aren't charging more for the stumpy ones? How can they tell when its a pup or does it grow into a tumbler or not as the case maybe....

Ive seen 2 of these types of norfolk lurcher both were fetched from jeff burrell i saw 1 as a pup 2 seasons ago and saw nothing special in it and i saw it this season on a few outings and did nothing outstanding it did no better or no worse than the other dogs running i also caught the back end of this season gone with a young norfolk just being entered there was 2 other types of young lurcher being entered at the same time and the norfolk was really poor compared to the other 2 now i am not saying this is the case with all tumbler norfolk types what i am saying is they are no better or worse than any type and have no mythical edge and by no means are they guarenteed as the adverts claim its just a big sales pitch so people can cash in which is always the way when folk start advertising on any sort of scale its all about the ££££££s not the working ability

regards hedz

p.s am sure there are some very good tumblers/norfolks out there but then again theres a hell of alot of other good crosses out there but there just not advertised enough ha

I have read up on these type of dogs and the J.Burrel fellow i remember them being about in the 70s the odd litter in the exchange & mart bred by lads who worked their dogs IMHO its unfair to put this man [J.B] even though their might be a bit of kidology in the same category as out and out puppy pedlars like hancock.

...., but he does breed some phenomenal Lurchers.

In what way are they phenomenal?

Hello..I have found them to be exceptionally easy to train, their speed and striking ability is incredible, along with their general overall level of agility.Obviously this is my personal opinion and am sure not ALL Tumblers are 'phenomenal'...but the ones' we've owned and known have been pretty special.

Another point to make is that we virtually never needed to take them to the vet....other than for routine procedures. They were resiliant, hard dogs and had very, very good feet.Also, we found their temperament to be sound...they were good natured,always wanted to please and very biddable.

Hope this answers your question....?

all lurchers are xs so thell have hybreed vigor making them healthy. iv had lurchers years and to be honest i hardlie ever get a young dog thats sick. my old saluk x coursing bitch penny had tight feet like a ball but she ran hard and got down and into her hare and always bust her feet. iv seen dogs with crap splaed looking feet who run light box and follow and never do much damage.

j darcy asked how much game the dogs took?

well you must know was it 3 rabbits ur old man used to return with or 33? and they cant beat match dogs or thed be match dogs! ! !

there just hairy lurcher and should be sold for no more than £ 200. :thumbdown:

Guest Buttermilk

I have read up on these type of dogs and the J.Burrel fellow i remember them being about in the 70s the odd litter in the exchange & mart bred by lads who worked their dogs IMHO its unfair to put this man [J.B] even though their might be a bit of kidology in the same category as out and out puppy pedlars like hancock.

...., but he does breed some phenomenal Lurchers.

In what way are they phenomenal?

Hello..I have found them to be exceptionally easy to train, their speed and striking ability is incredible, along with their general overall level of agility.Obviously this is my personal opinion and am sure not ALL Tumblers are 'phenomenal'...but the ones' we've owned and known have been pretty special.

Another point to make is that we virtually never needed to take them to the vet....other than for routine procedures. They were resiliant, hard dogs and had very, very good feet.Also, we found their temperament to be sound...they were good natured,always wanted to please and very biddable.

Hope this answers your question....?

all lurchers are xs so thell have hybreed vigor making them healthy. iv had lurchers years and to be honest i hardlie ever get a young dog thats sick. my old saluk x coursing bitch penny had tight feet like a ball but she ran hard and got down and into her hare and always bust her feet. iv seen dogs with crap splaed looking feet who run light box and follow and never do much damage.

j darcy asked how much game the dogs took?

well you must know was it 3 rabbits ur old man used to return with or 33? and they cant beat match dogs or thed be match dogs! ! !

there just hairy lurcher and should be sold for no more than £ 200. :thumbdown:

Oh yes...I know that....usually more than 20, but depended on how long he'd been out.Sometimes, he just went out for a 'mooch', but sometimes it was a good few hours and lots of rabbits.

My Grandad bred the Lurchers and his Grandad too....I can remember my Grandad having all the rabbits lined up in the back yard, there were well over 20 but can't remeber exact numbers.

ok folks my experence with the tumbler x is a good one, but not for every body.............. I like my freezer to be full and to watch a good dog work...... We have all had Nike Addidas ect trainers, its a selling point but still go back to the old fravirat (exept for the inexperence that still wear pumps LOL) but so what it works for me. And if it gives me the edge in the field, so be it. What did you catch last season ( pre ban of course) more to the point did you get a second freezer to put your quary in??..... guess not. I have been in the game for 24yrs and have had working lurchers that have been dead longer than some of the posters have been in the game commenting on this topic. I thought that my best dog was the dogs bollocks, and a hard act to follow...................... till i was given a tumbler x bull. I was that impressed by the pray drive and catch rate that i brought the parants to the pup. so that i dont have to look to far to replace the dog, if worst case senario. Ps hope all your dogs work aswell as mine. ALB ............. X38.............. correct me if im wrong the feet thing hitting the quary is a deer hound trait.

• Like 1

ok folks my experence with the tumbler x is a good one, but not for every body.............. I like my freezer to be full and to watch a good dog work...... We have all had Nike Addidas ect trainers, its a selling point but still go back to the old fravirat (exept for the inexperence that still wear pumps LOL) but so what it works for me. And if it gives me the edge in the field, so be it. What did you catch last season ( pre ban of course) more to the point did you get a second freezer to put your quary in??..... guess not. I have been in the game for 24yrs and have had working lurchers that have been dead longer than some of the posters commenting on this topic. I thought that my best dog was the dogs bollocks, and a hard act to follow...................... till i was given a tumbler x bull. I was that impressed by the pray drive and catch rate that i brought the parants to the pup. so that i dont have to look to far to replace the dog, if worst case senario. Ps hope all your dogs work aswell as mine. ALB ............. X38.............. correct me if im wrong the feet thing hitting the quary is a deer hound trait.

ITS CHETTEAH CROSSES. i bought an extra walk in frezzer a 2 frezzer lorries to put all my game in last year ! ! BIG HEAD :notworthy:

ok folks my experence with the tumbler x is a good one, but not for every body.............. I like my freezer to be full and to watch a good dog work...... We have all had Nike Addidas ect trainers, its a selling point but still go back to the old fravirat (exept for the inexperence that still wear pumps LOL) but so what it works for me. And if it gives me the edge in the field, so be it. What did you catch last season ( pre ban of course) more to the point did you get a second freezer to put your quary in??..... guess not. I have been in the game for 24yrs and have had working lurchers that have been dead longer than some of the posters commenting on this topic. I thought that my best dog was the dogs bollocks, and a hard act to follow...................... till i was given a tumbler x bull. I was that impressed by the pray drive and catch rate that i brought the parants to the pup. so that i dont have to look to far to replace the dog, if worst case senario. Ps hope all your dogs work aswell as mine. ALB ............. X38.............. correct me if im wrong the feet thing hitting the quary is a deer hound trait.

ITS CHETTEAH CROSSES. i bought an extra walk in frezzer a 2 frezzer lorries to put all my game in last year ! ! BIG HEAD :notworthy:

did you have a dog off mr poach aswell???? LOL

i would say they are a line of lurchers that breed pretty true to type nothing more nothing less and no better or worse than any other lurcher .as for the tumbler description imo load of codswallop they call small ones tumblers bigger ones lurchers gotta be having a laugh for anyone to take this in . over the last thirty year or so i have seen a few run some good and some not so good same as any other cross. and for the person who said their pup is intelligant at 9 weeks fair play but so is my and my sons pup sitting retreiving and lying on command and guess what cross folks its that so called dumb saluki x greyhound first cross bred by myself its what you put into them as much as anything else .

Guest deerhound hunter

tumblers are just another type of of lurcher no better no worse then any other x,infact i think more tumblers are used more for the ring then actual working,don,t rate these this x 1 bit and by the comments made on this tread i,m not the only 1 ,infact theirs only 1 person the tread that uses them ,so he is right and the rest of us are wrong ,get a grip you know who are and stop talking shit