no wonder no kids take it up. !

looking at some of the comments about hoodies chaves and general swipes at younge dog men is it any wonder that kids prefer a computer game to a nights lamping.

a lot of you on here should be ashamed with yourselfs !

i judge someone on how much game there dogs take not there age. im 28 i had my first lurcher at 11 when my grandfather died and i lernt with hes working bitch.

at times people were so unhelpful youd think they were in a (terreir men are worse still)secrete society! people couldnt beleive when they came round to pick a pup off a 16 year old boy that i knew about what mix would make the best lamping dog for the area. thoses who took a chance ended up with some very competent workers.

the most unhelpfull people when i was younger were the show and racing types. and as iv since found out all there dogs are capable of doing is prancing round a ring or chase a stupid lure.when there rubbish is not infront of a judge there owner is far too freindlie with :kiss: there dogs arent worth a carrot.

Boys and girls if you want to hunt in trackies hoddies or moleskins and tweeds thats your choice.

if i can help a youngser now iv got a little expereince ill be proud too.

• Like 4

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

looking at some of the comments about hoodies chaves and general swipes at younge dog men is it any wonder that kids prefer a computer game to a nights lamping. a lot of you on here should be ashame

This hunting with dogs 'thing' comes and goes in small waves, up and down the country, year in year out. Many youngsters take on a dog be it Lurcher or terrier and try their hand. For most it' a way '

took teenagers on my permission, freinds of freinds so to speak. they haunted the place every other night, with there mates, cut loads of barb wire fencing, generally f###'d the place up! slipping dogs on stuff that in my eyes shouldn't be lamped. NEVER AGAIN!!!

thats our jobs to educate youngsters on respecting quarie and there dogs.

short of that id get my little brother to give them a back hand! dont tar every tenager with same brush :thumbdown:

don't get me wrong, got two teens myself, but they're more into motorbikes etc. if they are brought up around dogs with parents who hunt then usually they will follow suit, i must be unlucky in that respect!!

looking at some of the comments about hoodies chaves and general swipes at younge dog men is it any wonder that kids prefer a computer game to a nights lamping.

i judge someone on how much game there dogs take not there age. im 28 i had my first lurcher at 11 when my grandfather died and i lernt with hes working bitch.

at times people were so unhelpful youd think they were in a (terreir men are worse still)secrete society! people couldnt beleive when they came round to pick a pup off a 16 year old boy that i knew about what mix would make the best lamping dog for the area. thoses who took a chance ended up with some very competent workers.

the most unhelpfull people when i was younger were the show and racing types. and as iv since found out all there dogs are capable of doing is prancing round a ring or chase a stupid lure.when there rubbish is not infront of a judge there owner is far too freindlie with :kiss: there dogs arent worth a carrot.

Boys and girls if you want to hunt in trackies hoddies or moleskins and tweeds thats your choice.

totally agree with what your saying mate found it hard to start myself with the lurchers i stated around 6 years ago and have tryed to get into the terriers a few times but with not alot of sucess they are quite a close net of chap,s but on the other hand i can see where there coming from with the way things are today with regards to hunting. i only last week parted with a russle dog i had here he went to a boy in york he was only 15yrs old and he offerd me every thing bar his mother for the dog including his laptop ! now i dont know about you guy,s but i dont know of any 15yr old lads that would part with there laptop for a dog in this day and age was just great to see a young lad that keen to get into the game because at the end of the day there the ones which will be carrying the sport on. And before any of the dip shit,s start the abuse i did,nt take the lad,s money or his laptop !

Judge people on how much game their dogs take!..thats me buggered then...only take a couple a season...have some great sport though. I personally have a lot of time for youngsters, but unfortunately a great percentage seem to be into more matcho game than just rabbits.

Guest fence_hopper

less people is best, there not shown the right way anyway most the heads on here agree with summer hunting, so the young uns dont have many good role models buy the look at the state of the lurcher world anyway.

Edited by fence_hopper

I think that alot of youngsters get into the game with the wrong type of people so they know no different to what's right or wrong, we all learn by our mistakes and once learnt the right way, usually the wrong way is history. I learnt alot through plain commen sense, i started out with complete muppets who thought it was a great way to build big egos :icon_eek: Thankfully i saw through the :censored: and found a couple of decent people to show me the right way and i will always be thankfull for without them who knows?!

I judge someone on much more than how much game their dogs taken.

Ermmm, to be honest I don't judge on age, more on how they act, and on a personal note, if I have worked hard to get permission i'm not going to turn up at the farm with a teenager in a hoodie and talking "street", they need to dress, talk and act appropriately............. And I don't judge someone on how much game they take.....some tools may have good dogs but it doesn't make them good dog men.........

AT THE END OF THE DAY ...... IAM A LONG WAY OFF BEING DONE GOING OUT LAMPING........TOUCH WOOD, BUT TRAVELED UP HOME TO NORTH YORKSHIRE/ SOUTH NOTTINGHAMSHIRE AND A LOT OF FRIENDS LADS ARE NOT IN TO IT, AND ITS A SHAME BECAUSE ITS EASY PICKINGS. BUT YOU CANT MAKE THEM INTRESTED CAN YOU? MY LAD IS 6YRS AND HAS RUN MORE IN WOODS THAN MOST , AND CAN GUT A RABBIT AND [WITHE HELP GET FOX TAIL OF]. ALL THE BEST....... MORE FOR ME AND MY SON................ :11:

I went out lamping tail end of last season with a mate for first time in years got bitten by the bug like I was a kid again ( I'm 33 now) I pick my pup up end of month . my boys only four but will come out with me I'll try to give him what I had as kid always out hunting or fishing didn't matter too much what we caught was just better than being in.