Barbel...

Just my second trip out for the year i decided to visit a stretch i had never caught from before. Why i wentthere i don't know, but it just felt 'right'. Two rods were cast out with the pellet, one on the inside and the other under the far bank willow. A got a few texts telling me that there was a massive thunder storm headed my way and so we decided to sit it out until the rain started and then tackle down. After two hours fishing the rain really built up, thunder grumbled on the horizon and strobe lightning pierced the sky.

Time to retreat. Seconds before i picked up the rod it flew round and such was the initial run that i had to give line, though begrudgingly. After a fantastic fight in the rain i netted a 7lb 14 ozs whiskered beauty. I hope for many more as the summer progresses. :victory: JD

post-16-023817700 1279138546_thumb.jpg

Guest stewie

its only a minnow!!! good catch they are my favourite fish to catch by far i cant see why people sit on commercial lakes for nights on end after carp when the rivers all full of these hard fighting fellas!!!

nice barbel :thumbs: i cant wait to have a dabble for myself in the wharfe on my next session, hope i get one like that!

Send me a pm if you want any information as the wharfe is where i cut my barbelling teeth. I can put you in some good pegs that still dont get fished.... :victory: