price of ferrets

I charge £5 each for them even though they're out of working stock as they're still kitts and not guarenteed.Though if any mates want any they're free but then they usually throw the kids a couple of quid

I've never sold any working adults so I wouldn't know what to charge for them :thumbs:

John

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only breed when I need to, I'll sell the surplus.By the time I've handled them daily from 4 to at least 12 weeks, fed them ,cleaned the shit up and basically taken great care to breed decent ferrets, if folks aren't prepared to pay £15 then they don't get 'em, plus if folks aren't prepared to pay more than a fiver ,they are hardly likely to look after them properly. A lot of the folk that come say they can get them for a fiver, but oddly enough they still take them at £15, so work that one out.

Edited by romany52

Just my two bits but Canaries are making 25euro in my local petshops. Rabbits 40 euro. Some of the fish in my daughters aquarium cost 15 euro and they could be dead within a few months. These animals sit in cages or tanks doing nothing.

A ferret can give years of service with plenty of sport and rabbit meat too. JMHO but if someones moaning about parting with the price of a few pints they're not going to part with time and money looking after that animal.

I saw a rabbit in the pet store last week,it was labelled a giant house rabbit. How much do you reckon it was ?

£125!!!!

people should be able to charge what they want if your stupid enough to buy them thats your fault not theres i give mine away as kits but to get one from me in the winter thats working will cost you 20 quid , don't like it go with out , i put a lot of effort in to my ferrets and thats what i think there worth

Maybe if they were a bit more expensive, some people would look after them a bit more...All too often they are seen as disposable, There cheap so why bother spending too much time or effort looking after it seems to be the attitude of some people.

i pay a £35 donation to the rescue i go to allways have done for the last ten years ive owned them, i see no problem with that, £15 is a good price from a breeder or person selling kits personally i think it should be more might stop all the unwanted ferrets that end in rescue, A kitten these days will set you back £80 so i see £35 for ferret no problem and they come neutered and spayed as well or any other problems sorted. I do hunt my ferrets as well not just keep them as pets and race them before anyone sais anything

is it a north and south thing then?

Ive always sold at £10 to £15 which I reckon is a fair price, not just for me, but the buyer also, crazy that people will pay £££££'s for a dog, yet moan at that price, for an animal that can potenionally bolt 100's of rabbbits for you :doh:

I must say i agree with you there id of thought the more someone would pay the more likely they would take care of it.

Rather that something they pay a few quid for.

I don't think its what you pay for something makes you look after it better :no: Take some of these kids they get games consoles,games and the like bought for them,then when a new improved version comes out they have that one.What happens to the other one chucked in the corner,certain people cherish stuff be it animal or mineral.

All we can do is try and vet owners as best we can,my ferrets I sell will(Hopefully)be looked after just as good as one that somebody paid £20 for as we never know 100% who we sell to.Because I sell mine for a fiver dosen't mean i don't care where or who they go to.........John

I don't think its what you pay for something makes you look after it better :no: Take some of these kids they get games consoles,games and the like bought for them,then when a new improved version comes out they have that one.What happens to the other one chucked in the corner,certain people cherish stuff be it animal or mineral.

All we can do is try and vet owners as best we can,my ferrets I sell will(Hopefully)be looked after just as good as one that somebody paid £20 for as we never know 100% who we sell to.Because I sell mine for a fiver dosen't mean i don't care where or who they go to.........John

Very True.