I haw a question can a 22 cal air rifle at 1000 fps kill a small wild boar 30 kilos(60lb) and on the small distance 25 meters (30 yards) with a head shot. Please help :signthankspin: :signthankspin:

Edited by denis223

Hi, Denis.

Don't do it, fella!!! :icon_eek: All you'll end up doing is hurting the animal which may very well take a rather dim view of you and what you just did to it and decide to hurt you. A lot....

VERY tough animals!!!!

Slightly worried Cheers.....

I haw a question can a 22 cal air rifle at 1000 fps kill a small wild boar 30 kilos(60lb) and on the small distance 25 meters (30 yards) with a head shot. Please help :signthankspin: :signthankspin:

I suppose if you can get a pellet like a prometheus piledriver at 30 grains moving at 1000 you will be pushing 67 ft-lbs which could do the job at a short range but i suppose people take game like this with .22LR rounds which when subsonic rounds are used can be as little as 31 ft-lbs the bullet used to calculate this was a 29 grain moving zt 700 feet per second taken from some american hunting website

Richard

Mate where i live wild boars are very common animals.

If you tried shooting one and even a small one with a .22 at 1000FPS you would seriously pee it off and have a real bad day yourself.

Cars hit them here on the road at 30 - 40 MPH and the cars sometimes get written off. The boar just limps off into the woods.

There hard as nails and very aggressive if cornered or bothered.

Si

hi there,i dont think you should even consider shooting a boar with an air rifle.you will just piss it off.a pissed of boar is an extremely dangerous animal.in New Zealand they hunt them with dogs and when they get pinned then you jump on and stick them by hand.cant imagine that would be legal here though.if i was thinking about killing a boar i think i would probably use the .270

atb

John

for the boar i think a 22 pellet hitting it on the head at 1000 fps would be the same as a fly hitting your windscreen at 70mph...not much damage but one hell of a mess when its finished with you..

is the head not the hardest part of a boar anyway..?