alaunt bull greyhounds

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks like a great dane with rickets.... Rinky boy?

No £££££££££

Alaunts be f****d ??‍♂️ 

Posted Images

arnt alaunt copy type dogs, are meant to be like mastiff/greyhound over 1st x bull/grey that kind of size. around 100-150lb there a dying type many claim to have an alaunt type but its rubbish. and they should stand around 26-30 tts. thats my understanding but if wrong do apoligise.

• Like 1

arnt alaunt copy type dogs, are meant to be like mastiff/greyhound over 1st x bull/grey that kind of size. around 100-150lb there a dying type many claim to have an alaunt type but its rubbish. and they should stand around 26-30 tts. thats my understanding but if wrong do apoligise.

no your right mate, the alaunt is just a mongrel with name to spin money, dreamt up by plummer !

• Like 2

Every breed is a mongrel if you go back far enough.

The Alaunt was a running mastiff that supposedly became 'extinct'...that description is not accurate because a breed can never become extinct, only species can. The genetic material that it took to create the breed the first time around is still available and there are people out there working hard to re-establish it and having alot of success.

If it looks like an Aluant, works like an Alaunt and breeds true like an Alaunt then it is an Alaunt. Call the people who breed them what you like, they're doing a good job of re-establishing a classic breed that has alot to offer.

Oh and please stop with the Plummer bashing, I don't own one and don't care what you think of them or their creator, it's getting really boring.

• Like 1

Every breed is a mongrel if you go back far enough.

The Alaunt was a running mastiff that supposedly became 'extinct'...that description is not accurate because a breed can never become extinct, only species can. The genetic material that it took to create the breed the first time around is still available and there are people out there working hard to re-establish it and having alot of success.

If it looks like an Aluant, works like an Alaunt and breeds true like an Alaunt then it is an Alaunt. Call the people who breed them what you like, they're doing a good job of re-establishing a classic breed that has alot to offer.

Oh and please stop with the Plummer bashing, I don't own one and don't care what you think of them or their creator, it's getting really boring.

Well said

behave man ! look at what he done to recreat a cross, a couple of crosses of bull/groo/mastiff recreates a breed ? bullshit !

There have been alot of people involved in it over many years and it's way more complex than just doing a couple of crosses.

If you don't want to call them Alaunts then fair enough, it's all semantics.

come on mate, the gameness is coming fae the bull, think about it, you breed a couple of generations of the breeds involved ? ? ? mad mongrel ! is it a recognised breed yet ? no ! takes a long time to establish a real breed ! the man crossed a couple of breeds then inbred them to try make a new breed to make a legacy for himself, pathetic !

• Like 1

come on mate, the gameness is coming fae the bull, think about it, you breed a couple of generations of the breeds involved ? ? ? mad mongrel ! is it a recognised breed yet ? no ! takes a long time to establish a real breed ! the man crossed a couple of breeds then inbred them to try make a new breed to make a legacy for himself, pathetic !

How do you think the Bull Terrier was created? Or the Boston Terrier? Or just about every other breed you can think of?

Recognised by who? The K.C? Like they know there arse from their elbow.

wasnt the alaunt a type of dogs used many years before our time but got faised out. and yeah there probly still is strains of the old alaunt type but just how pure. maybe 5% of your dog if your lucky now can you class 5% an exact type like the old one think not. it would be way way back in the generations. like i said this is my opinion so take it lightly, but didnt plummer just try to recreate the alaunt type. call it a copy. no original alaunt blood used as there is no longer a proper alaunt strain around. so tried to get the closest thing to it

Edited by sputtheload

any guys got pics of alaunt bull greyhounds.

my pup coming up year an a half soon

cracking looking dog but in my opinion its far from alaunt. looks a stunning first x but alaunts head would be far stronger and the shoulders would be set alot heavyer. close to the right height but everything else is wrong. but again cracking looking animal

any guys got pics of alaunt bull greyhounds.

my pup coming up year an a half soon

cracking looking dog but in my opinion its far from alaunt. looks a stunning first x but alaunts head would be far stronger and the shoulders would be set alot heavyer. close to the right height but everything else is wrong. but again cracking looking animal

he was bred back to a bull cross hence the alaunt bull grey his grandmother was one of plummers original alaunt bitches but bit to heavy set, his ideal for what i need him for, cheers stu