Speedy's best mate!

I had a bad day yesterday :angry: so thought I would go chill in the Cemetery and bag me a bunny or two :yes:

Well when I said Chill, I didn't think I would be frozen solid by the wind comming from the North but I knew it would be cold, so I decided that on top of my DPM, I would wear my waterproof and fleece lined Realtree Jacket.

Doing so, although it kept my core temperature up, every time I moved it made a noise (its like a rubberised plastic jacket). I hadn't noticed the noise until I got into position awaiting the arrival of the bunnies from my left.

Needless to say, I didn't see any of them arrive, in fact I didn't see any full stop :no:

My guess is the noise spooked em.

Anyways after a long while I decided, the jacket had to come off and go into my bag and immediately I felt the cold bitter wind cause my temperature to drop and I became really cold. Raising my poncho at the front I had hoped it would act as a bit of a wind break, but it didn't work too well as the wind was gusting quite hard and the bank sticks I was using were moving under the gusts of wind.

Decided I would give it one more hour and then I'm off before hypothermia sets in.

Half an hour later, I saw movement, it came from my right and bounded over towards the fence, but stopped just behind a headstone and all I could see of it was its hind quarters. Not a chance of a shot, even if I'd successfully put one in or through its spinal colum from there, the signals from its brawould still reach its front paws and it would use them to drag itself to the nearest hole. I only ever take a spinal shot from behind and it has got to be above the sholders preferably in the neck :yes:

So for the next 15 minutes I'm watching this munchers butt, it better be female :blink:

Eventually it moved forward and dissapeared from view, I moved the scope so I could see the other side of the headstone and awaited for it to appear there. I took my eye from the scope and looked around quickly; Cheeky little blighter had only turned 180 degrees and was now hopping towards the graves in front of the railings. It stopped and I repositioned myself and my baby so I could watch through the scope.

Little beggar had its head right in a position where I could not get a clean head shot :doh:

Again it became a waiting game; This time however not for long :D

Bugs stretched forward just long enough for me to figure out that if I aim at the front of his right eye, the pellet will penertate the brain cavity and cross through the brain diagonally and he won't have a clue what hit him :D

I sent the shiney FX 16 grain chunk of lead to see its new home and the bunny sort of relaxed back on itself, no flip, no wave goodbye just seemed to relax back as if sitting

At first I thought my pellet must have missed until bugs rolled over on to his left side. Phew! I had slotted the pellet through the railings and it had done its job perfectly :gunsmilie:

This is how he fell

Through_the_railings.jpg

Here is his close-up

DSC02621.jpg

Picked up my prize and got my gear together and headed home for some hot coffee and to defrost myself.

I found the pellet lodged just under his skin infront of his left ear and about half way to the top of his skull.

Just as I had wanted it, a diagonal brain shot. Probably one of my best so far :yes: very pleased with myself :gunsmilie:

Oh SPEEDY, Where are you....... I have a nice shiney present for you.......... :angel:

Phantom

Hi Tony.

Sorry to hear you had a bad day mate :( , and hope your feeling better now. :thumbs:

So it appears Speedy is sending out his spotter's and decoy's to obstruct you. :hmm: .....the cunning, cuniving, critter.

Well that's one spotter that wont be returning to base. ( Nice Shot mate :yes: )

SPEEDY beware :D

Bill.

hi tony

nice shot that buddy :thumbs:

and speedy avaded you again :tongue2:

nice read and pics,well done buddy

but us hardcore hunters would of braved those elements to get the kills :tongue2:

:thumbs::thumbs:

regards

davy

hi tony

but us hardcore hunters would of braved those elements to get the kills :tongue2:

regards

davy

Hi Davy.

You cant get any more hardcore than Tony's effort's.

That shot was taken form a Kayak in torential rain bobbing about in two foot of raging flood water, from beneath a poncho, with steamed up glasses.

Now THATS Hardcore :D:tongue2::thumbs:

Bill.

Oh......and NO paddle either :yes::yes:8)

hi tony

regards

davy

Hi Davy.

You cant get any more hardcore than Tony's effort's.

That shot was taken form a Kayak in torential rain bobbing about in two foot of raging flood water, from beneath a poncho, with steamed up glasses.

Now THATS Hardcore :D:tongue2::thumbs:

Bill.

Oh......and NO paddle either :yes::yes:8)

pmsl :laugh::laugh:

still weldone :thumbs:

Thank you gentlemen :yes:

The cloud is rushing by here, heading over to Stealthy's plot t'other side of river :yes:

Sky is or should I say was blue a few minutes ago, now its grey again. Had some hailstone earlier as well and the wind is still blowing like one of my curry farts without the flavour or pong.

I'm debating if I should go out or not, last night, the wind and cold has done a hell of a job on mytrigger finger again, not cracked but gone all hard again :angry:

I'm thinking of putting a notice up next to the fence's around the cemy "5 whole carrots for information relating to the whereabouts of Speedy, 10 if you can hold him still for 2 seconds at 30 yards" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Phantom

PS now its p!ssing it down :(

The cloud is rushing by here, heading over to Stealthy's plot t'other side of river :yes:

Sky is or should I say was blue a few minutes ago, now its grey again. Had some hailstone earlier as well and the wind is still blowing like one of my curry farts without the flavour or pong.

I'm debating if I should go out or not, last night, the wind and cold has done a hell of a job on mytrigger finger again, not cracked but gone all hard again :angry:

I'm thinking of putting a notice up next to the fence's around the cemy "5 whole carrots for information relating to the whereabouts of Speedy, 10 if you can hold him still for 2 seconds at 30 yards" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Phantom

gone all hard again

hi tony

are you sure thats your finger?? :tongue2:

Phantom

Shit! not more rain :D