bull blood in dogs

cheers for the replys but i missed off i know the reasons or motivations behind adding bull but as far as i know there aint no working bulls to ground so why add and risk a litter of shit workers / show winning dogs? if the sire dont work then why use it? just a thought i had at 3 this morn when the baby woke up cheers

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

every one has the opinion that all bulls are head the balls ie loopy.could nt be further from the truth.the right line is more important.i ve dug a pure bull bitch a few times and owned bull patterdal

Posted Images

from what iv heared they spend more time in the sick bay if they even make the grade.

Think its more of a big man thing myself wanting super hard dogs

thats the anti bull crap i've come to expect on this site :feck:

i've two bitch pups i'm bringing on, one is a tiny little thing that will get on to any fox, the other is a staff X pat that is a nice size (no bigger than my full pat dog) its courses for horses, and while the being in sick bay a bit more might be true, the hard man shite just shows your ignorace :thumbs:

and so anyone with an opinion that hunts is also now an anti?

how did you work that one out?? :icon_eek:

Its just my opinion and im no expert but if you dont like it then thats tough shit :kiss:

He didnt say you were an anti just anti bull! :boogie:

from what iv heared they spend more time in the sick bay if they even make the grade.

thats the anti bull crap i've come to expect on this site :feck:

i've two bitch pups i'm bringing on, one is a tiny little thing that will get on to any fox, the other is a staff X pat that is a nice size (no bigger than my full pat dog) its courses for horses, and while the being in sick bay a bit more might be true, the hard man shite just shows your ignorace :thumbs:

and so anyone with an opinion that hunts is also now an anti?

how did you work that one out?? :icon_eek:

Its just my opinion and im no expert but if you dont like it then thats tough shit :kiss:

i said anti bull not anti hunting,, retard

i'd just like to add the bull X pat pup i have i bred just to see how they would turn out, both perents are well bred workers, i could,nt be happyer with the way she turned out and can't wait for next season to start her

but i understand the other side of the arguement, dogs can be to big and too hard,

im no expert and theres bull in mine going back a bit.i can see the point in a sense if you were trying to get a bit of bone and size in a line.(althought i still imagine you be better off finding some one that keeps fair size earthdogs work the way you want)

but to put bull in to add fire as some put it surely the stuff your breeding it to has to be shit?

i suppose if you had enough work enough terriers you,d get/breed back to where you wanted to be in short time working abillity wise.

it does seem to me these days lads are putting bull to terriers with no real agenda other than they like the look of them.

im not arguing lads, maybe some one with first hand knowledge will come along thats done it and add there thoughts.

there's a couple of really well made points there. good post.

wrong....i know someone who has had 2 bull x patts 1 dog 1 bitch,you could dig them both week in week out and were genuine good dogs,im bringing one up myself to work regularly not because i wanna look hard

my opinion bull blood in working terriers has no place why ruin something perfect in lurchers bull blood is verey important though aand usefull atb

every one has the opinion that all bulls are head the balls ie loopy.could nt be further from the truth.the right line is more important.i ve dug a pure bull bitch a few times and owned bull patterdales and they were steady as fxxk.a lot of it is the bringing up. if you re gonna chain it up and keep showing it hole enders when its young then more fool you.a lot of lads use em for drains and drawing etc WHY? they ll work as steady as any terrier as long as u let them come along at their own pace. And again select which bull line you use . bull lurchers or bull x terriers always seem to get a slating for the wrong reasons. a well trained bull cross is a cracking dog to have around you. truth is a bull cross is easy to enter and will put in even a reasonable performance for the most piss poor owner.how many people take the piss about putting bull blood in terriers yet they have wheeler nuttall or gould bred dogs in their kennel?

Edited by jake824
  • Like 1

i have not had a bull x terrier yet but the idea of using the drive and strenght of the bull does make some sense to me if you want a dog which will "get stuck in" and hold/kill(pinned section at the top of the page :icon_eek: )

i think that most well bred terriers will do the job without "added extras",they will have their uses no doubt.

i believe the bull can be a cause for mute dogs(i prefer a dog that will make a row so i know/can hear whats going on :icon_redface: ) which will not bother some as they will be digging to the dog anyway.

as with all crosses and breeds they will be usefull(alot of terrier will have bull blood in them somehwere along the line anyway,prt for example).

atb

waidmann

exactly mate so why bother adding more..? worker to worker is the best start for any terrier so if your breeding from a working strain with bull blood in it its far more chance than breeding from a pure bull as the bulls aint what they used to be ar they? i believe you carnt beat a proper terrier these bull type things , well in my experience! arent generally good finders however some of the outcrosses i seen have been good i currently have a bitch bred this way just had her 1st season bred her myself from my two old dogs i havent dug a great deal with her as i lamp mainly but i must say what she done as impressed me problem being she assnt baid yet so lay offs every dig shes not the strongest so to be honest i wish shed bay shes also developed a knack of catching them in cover and somehow getting the upper hand just shows the heart in these little creatures seen many 50,60,70 pound plus bull x baying feckin mad regards ryeuken :yes:

Edited by Ryeuken