when do you cross the line from Sport to Overkill??

" recreational rabbiting,..Saturdays and Sundays," I'm sorry to tell you moderator but your braking the law by killing rabbits on a sunday, we got told this when we was arrested a couple of weeks ago for ferreting, then said it was against the law to kill "game" on a sunday, i replied with we are in search of conie, but aparantly since labour has been in party then have changed to game.....

Get a decent lawyer and challenge this !! Rabbits are NOT considered "GAME", according to the Game Act !! You may have been arrested on the charge of "being in pusuit of game OR coney"; but coney is certainly NOT protected under the Game Act, and has no hunting season, nor is it illeagal to take them on a Sunday.

Cheers.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Look at it this way, if your dogs can eat 1 rabbit a day each and you have 3 dogs that 3 rabbits a day, 90 a month you can get rid of. Yes they need to be frozen for 3 weeks before feeding them (the rabbits not the dogs! Lol!) so yes you will need a decent sized freezer. My freezer can hold 50 rabbits. The butchers should be able to take 10. If you have 5 butchers on your books thats 50 rabbits, 140 a month total. And your going to eat say 4 a month and give away to friends and family a further 50 a month, 190 a month total. Thats without 2 ferrets eating 1 rabbit a day. Now lets assume your like me and dont go out after rabbits all day every day (if only! Lol!), it fair to say your going to have to work bloody hard to have a surplas! But yes its possible AND to be fair if you eat rabbit once a week you WILL get to not wanting it sooner or later as will your friends and family. I must admit i have never had more rabbits than i have wanted, in fact most of the time i dont have anywhere enough!

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

i think it evens itself out over the course of the season sometimes you have good days some not so good but i enjoy the unexpectedness of it if i was going out and catching loads every time i think id get bored,i like a challenge lol. :thumbs:

Rabbits have never been classed as game and taking them on a Sunday is not illegal either, as long as you have permission and take them by legal means.

Being charged for taking rabbits and reffering to them as game is unlikely to succeed the charge would be regarded as incompetent and unlawfull after all you can't be prosecuted on a traffic offence if your driving a Hond Civiccar and its described as a motor cycle when it comes to court!!

Tom

" recreational rabbiting,..Saturdays and Sundays," I'm sorry to tell you moderator but your braking the law by killing rabbits on a sunday, we got told this when we was arrested a couple of weeks ago for ferreting, then said it was against the law to kill "game" on a sunday, i replied with we are in search of conie, but aparantly since labour has been in party then have changed to game.....

:

Someone has been giving you wrong info bonny lad,...rabbits are not classed as game..... end of story,.....:drink:

THEY ARE ON SUNDAYS

:

Someone has been giving you wrong info bonny lad,...rabbits are not classed as game..... end of story,.....:drink:

THEY ARE ON SUNDAYS

Enlighten us officer :censored:

Guest jt750

Rabbits are classed as pests if you have permission to take them. If you are poaching they are classed as ground game and can be prosecuted for trespass in pursuit of game ...if that helps

Well this was three weeks ago, im just passing on the crime everybody on here is commiting when they dispatch a bunnie on a sunday, by the way " moderator" i was having a little bit of laugh, but every f****r seems to take everything so serious on here, i gathered that you couldnt take the sarcasim which wasnt aimed at u, aimed at the "law" By the way shaver is my mate and he was logged on my computer when i rote the message and forgot to log out.

Look at it this way, if your dogs can eat 1 rabbit a day each and you have 3 dogs that 3 rabbits a day, 90 a month you can get rid of. Yes they need to be frozen for 3 weeks before feeding them (the rabbits not the dogs! Lol!) so yes you will need a decent sized freezer. My freezer can hold 50 rabbits. The butchers should be able to take 10. If you have 5 butchers on your books thats 50 rabbits, 140 a month total. And your going to eat say 4 a month and give away to friends and family a further 50 a month, 190 a month total. Thats without 2 ferrets eating 1 rabbit a day. Now lets assume your like me and dont go out after rabbits all day every day (if only! Lol!), it fair to say your going to have to work bloody hard to have a surplas! But yes its possible AND to be fair if you eat rabbit once a week you WILL get to not wanting it sooner or later as will your friends and family. I must admit i have never had more rabbits than i have wanted, in fact most of the time i dont have anywhere enough!

our butcher will take all the rabbits i and my friends can get i know at least 8 people who take them to him and he pays £1.50 each. if i could get a few 100 he would take them in winter ferreting is great. as soon as we take them in the people collect them off him normally in the same hour for all the fox hounds. which means we make a few bob and so does he. mostly were i go theres more than plenty rabbits its end of season and i can still have a great nights lamping with endless runs. so with people who lamp in areas like me there cant be any type of overkill atb jamie

Hunting mice, rats, rabbits, and hares

The Hunting Act bans activities that Parliament believed to be cruel sports and permitted activities that it believed to be necessary for land managers. Parliament accepted the view that, where rats and rabbits were pests, hunting them was legitimate.[33] MPs did not believe that there was any necessity to use dogs to hunt mice[34] and believed that hare hunting was cruel, which is why these activities were not exempted from the Act.

These two exemptions do not make it possible for "traditional" hunting to continue. Rabbits tend to stay very close to their warrens and will go underground at the sight of dogs, thus not providing the chase that hunts need.[35]

i just took this off the hunting act page i didnt see anything saying days or nights or game just that rabbits are classed as pests!!!