TODAYS TERRIERS

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WELL FELLA ,   DECENT TERRIER MEN NEVER DOUBLED UP............ THEN OR NOW ........................   AND ..... IVE SEEN SUCH MEN TACKLE EARTHES WHICH MANY LADS TODAY WOULD DEEM UNDIGGABLE WIT

i can say im the owner of some lakelands mate yes they can be hard at times but after a few weeks they have a grat jacket on them and you wouldnt think they had seen any work at all.   here they ar

Worker to worker is not enough to perpetrate what i look for in a working terrier .To breed from a dog just because it stays is not enough to keep things right long term .Im talking about the breeding

I've noticed from a few recent threads that some are of the opinion that the modern terriers working abilities are in decline. Are they?-if so, In what way,and why? Lets hear your opinions...........

nothing wrong with modern terriers,its about knowing where to look for one.

theres not as many men in the game now,as there was 30 or 40 years ago.

do you get me

dont think its in decline just there seems to a lot more people in the game at the moment so theres goin to be a lot more crap bred to satisfy the demand .

theres not to many in the game just lots of wan/ers hoo would like people to think there in the gam :thumbs: plastic diggers :thumbdown: talk it but dont do it :wallbash:

The price put on working dogs, ordinary people becoming opportunists n seein they can make a few quid out of TRYIN to breed so-called working dogs..

Also blame the kennel club for diluting workin breeds..

Also some terrier men thinkin more about winnin rosettes in the summer instead of doin some hard graft in the winter..

Just my opinion..

.... Pa

No offence to anyone,but that seems to be one of the main gripes. What is this opinion based on? No one could possibly know what dogs are being worked and bred all over Britain. So much of this must be heresay rather than actual fact?

No offence to anyone,but that seems to be one of the main gripes. What is this opinion based on? No one could possibly know what dogs are being worked and bred all over Britain. So much of this must be heresay rather than actual fact?

you didnt ask for actual fact you asked for opinions :whistling:

I asked what these opinions are based on?

theres a fella that lives around the road from me called dave he has a terrier and goes to shows and on forums and tells people how good his dog is and how many times hes dug it. but dave has never dug his dog and hes a lying co/k :thumbdown: fact

hes the reason for the decline in working terriers :thumbs:

I asked what these opinions are based on?

theres a fella that lives around the road from me called dave he has a terrier and goes to shows and on forums and tells people how good his dog is and how many times hes dug it. but dave has never dug his dog and hes a lying co/k :thumbdown: fact

hes the reason for the decline in working terriers :thumbs:

Dave has single handedly ruined the working terrier! :laugh: We all know a "Dave" or two.

Lakeman-nearer the truth maybe? Then again-the "Daves" of this world have always been with us,its not a modern thing.

No offence to any Daves with good dogs by the way.