Sealyham Terriers

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, after much searching I've finally got a Sealyham terrier pup I'm happy with. It's took me over 2,years but eventually got there. The reason there's not many about I reckon is because proper blok

I've never met a genuine guy that was selling dogs to strangers. Have you met proper guys selling to strangers???   The guys I know don't sell and don't have strangers in their yards.

What a load of bollocks ...

Posted Images

There's still working type sealyhams about. Most are given to working homes and can't be bought for any money.

i agree bryan :thumbs: but down round your neck of the woods there's one or two men startin to let fame go to there head and euro into the pocket

They'll find themselves painted into a corner soon enough.

A few selling for fame and cash is okay too, saves the good ones from being robbed

are you for real bryan?? saves good ones from being robbed thats why half of the dogs are going missing cause people have strangers in an out of there yards buying dogs

I've never met a genuine guy that was selling dogs to strangers. Have you met proper guys selling to strangers???

The guys I know don't sell and don't have strangers in their yards.

• Like 6

There's still working type sealyhams about. Most are given to working homes and can't be bought for any money.

i agree bryan :thumbs: but down round your neck of the woods there's one or two men startin to let fame go to there head and euro into the pocket

A few selling for fame and cash is okay too, saves the good ones from being robbed

are you for real bryan?? saves good ones from being robbed thats why half of the dogs are going missing cause people have strangers in an out of there yards buying dogs

I've never met a genuine guy that was selling dogs to strangers. Have you met proper guys selling to strangers???

if there selling dogs they are not proper or genuine bryan

Edited by WEDGEY
  • Like 1

if there selling dogs they are not proper or genuine bryan

That's what I'm saying.

Rough coated jack Russell type of terrier,

Sold as a sealyham to those who wouldn't know a sealyham if they fell over it.

Just my opinion TUFFTY but Jack Russell would have considered the Sealyham TYPE too big for his work.

Rough coated white terriers probably was the foundation stock for Russell, Fox and Sealyham but the strains were selected for different quarry.

Rough coated jack Russell type of terrier,

Sold as a sealyham to those who wouldn't know a sealyham if they fell over it.

Just my opinion TUFFTY but Jack Russell would have considered the Sealyham TYPE too big for his work.

Rough coated white terriers probably was the foundation stock for Russell, Fox and Sealyham but the strains were selected for different quarry.

Yes I know

My mate has hunted with the said fella,and vry impressed.I believe he breeds two lines a pure sealyham line and an outcross line to some very old russel lines.my mate who has been around a bit,has really been smitten.Different style to alot of others but real earthdogs.

I can't believe your mate (knowing who he is :thumbs: ) has gone from plummers to these :icon_eek: ,the stud dog he used was out that day with us and you couldn't give the thing to me let alone use it over a bitch i own ,very dog aggresive(hence why my russell dog spent the day locked up but never again for those pieces of shite :censored: ) and ok it caught a few half growns but didn't like the big adult rats and like ALL the others picked it's strike.You yourself bred my plummer and i'd happily match her against anything and all he had out that day :yes: as she is premier league compared to those sunday pub team sealyhams from Devon. :tongue2:

Some very good sealyhamxrussells bred down south in Cork by a couple of men who have stuck with the white bodied terriers down through the years.I had the privlidge of having 1 of them for a season and he was as good a dog as i have ever seen.He had an exceptional nose on him and he was a 1 hole dog,noting got past him,took a lot of stick but gave a lot aswell,destroyed fox's with ease and a lovely dog to have around the house,sadly the dog was taken away under false pretences and never returned but thats another story.Seen the Cork lads up at a show in the midlands last year and they had some smashing looking dogs with them,all looked well worked and were all white bodied with a big influence of sealyham blood in there make up.

• Like 1

What made them good fatman,the russell or the sealyham?.Not a loaded question bud :victory: but just asking as with the devon pack it was the russell that made the massive difference.I know the lads you know work them in a different way but was there a problem with one of the types to make them mix it with the other ?.