Sealyham Terriers

Did anybody get anywhere with finding a working Sealyham or Sealyham x. This thread seemed like it was actually going to go somewhere instead of people just talking. Then it just ended. I've been looking for one myself like. Hard to get honest answers though

In all honesty

There is not any working sillyham terriers anymore, and haven't been for many many years.

there is still a few going up here in Durham they have been out crossed for the cork line but still have the blood running through and they are good earth dogs

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, after much searching I've finally got a Sealyham terrier pup I'm happy with. It's took me over 2,years but eventually got there. The reason there's not many about I reckon is because proper blok

I've never met a genuine guy that was selling dogs to strangers. Have you met proper guys selling to strangers???   The guys I know don't sell and don't have strangers in their yards.

What a load of bollocks ...

Posted Images

Did anybody get anywhere with finding a working Sealyham or Sealyham x. This thread seemed like it was actually going to go somewhere instead of people just talking. Then it just ended. I've been looking for one myself like. Hard to get honest answers though

In all honesty

There is not any working sillyham terriers anymore, and haven't been for many many years.

there is still a few going up here in Durham they have been out crossed for the cork line but still have the blood running through and they are good earth dogs

But they still Have been outcrossed.

As I said there is no pure working sealyhams now days.

In all honesty

But they still Have been outcrossed.

As I said there is no pure working sealyhams now days.

you didn't say pure mate you said working sealyham which there is

A working sillyham

Like a working of any breed

Otherwise clever clogs it would be sillyham crosses.

There ain't any and thats that.

well if you explained yourself properly in the first place instead of saying thing's that you said when it was something that you meant clever clogs
  • Like 1

There's been no "Pure" sealyhams digging for probably 100 years. Who cares about purity?

There's been working sealyham types about. An outcross doesn't diminish a working type once it's working. Surely the important things are working ability and style within a working type animal?

This is from Lucas's book 85 years ago. Sealyham type.

post-2854-0-00332400-1411918114_thumb.jpg

non pedigree, types and cross breeds for the most part here again. Workers for working surely?

post-2854-0-32733100-1411918298_thumb.jpg

There's still working type sealyhams about. Most are given to working homes and can't be bought for any money.

yeah that's correct av got a couple here and a litter of pup's what are what will be leaving my kennels for nothing as long as the lads are going to work them I'm happy
  • Like 2

There's still working type sealyhams about. Most are given to working homes and can't be bought for any money.

i agree bryan :thumbs: but down round your neck of the woods there's one or two men startin to let fame go to there head and euro into the pocket

Edited by WEDGEY

i agree bryan :thumbs: but down round your neck of the woods there's one or two men startin to let fame go to there head and euro into the pocket

They'll find themselves painted into a corner soon enough.

A few selling for fame and cash is okay too, saves the good ones from being robbed

They'll find themselves painted into a corner soon enough.

A few selling for fame and cash is okay too, saves the good ones from being robbed

are you for real bryan?? saves good ones from being robbed thats why half of the dogs are going missing cause people have strangers in an out of there yards buying dogs