Fell terrier

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Black jack,7 y.o Fell type,enjoying the easy life!

heres my dog for you

BLACK ROUGH HAIRED GOOD FINDER PATT OR FELL CALL HIM WHAT YA WANT HE COULDNT GIVE A SHIT LONG AS HE GETS TO GROUND :clapper MATE GAVE ME THIS DOG AS I WAS SHORT OF WORKERS HE HAS DONE EVERYTHING PUT I

Posted Images

the term patterdale is fairly new its a village in the lake district,so then do you get kendals,poolybridges,etc i think some of the crack on hear is cockermouth :tongue2: all northern terriers were termed fell terriers or fell types in the lakes and durham areas they were different in type some bedlington types with linty coats were often seen years ago and smooth fells were called slape coated and the rest were borderxlakeland types,irish terrier and welsh and ped lakeland blood was used to create the lakeland type fell terrier,like wards and middleton stuff and bull was added for the things that now get called patterdales the smooth coated bullish looking dogs are fairly new and werent around 30 years ago so really the original fell terriers are very few and far between

thats spot on i think :thumbs:

BLACK ROUGH HAIRED GOOD FINDER PATT OR FELL CALL HIM WHAT YA WANT HE COULDNT GIVE A SHIT LONG AS HE GETS TO GROUND :clapper MATE GAVE ME THIS DOG AS I WAS SHORT OF WORKERS HE HAS DONE EVERYTHING PUT INFRONT OF HIM REGARDS DABBER

post-36532-0-12338900-1312018647.jpg

Edited by DABCHICK
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

i think the key word is TYPE...

all shapes ad sizes are seen ...

in my eyes a fell terrier is the least standardised...allways rough coated black or liver

pats stockyist off all types bigboned solid colour black liver maybe red ..allways smooth

lacky should be red or black and tan and rough abit more leg but still with a good bita bone...

russels either black ,red,liver and white and tri..smooth or rough...

thats what i go bye ne who... but if u aint seen the mum and pop whos no !!!

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...