defender 90 mpg

Land Rover Owner magazine states a combined consumption of 28.5 mpg, for the 300tdi.

This is an average of town work and out of town driving. Really, most of these larger 4x4's, whoever makes them, have a engine of 2.5 to 3.5 litres, dragging around a couple of tons of metal. You will get 25 -ish mpg to around a good 30 at best with most of them.

30 mpg from a 300tdi, is about right, mine once did 36mpg on bfg mt's, but it was on a long run, around 450 miles, my ass was numb.

my mate has an L200 double cab, 2006, says the best its ever done was 24.8 mpg,on normal tyres,

i've heard that the 3L newer engine gives better mpg than the 2.5 did

Guest ragumup

got a 04 plate td5 on a short wheel base and getting 21.7mpg on my last tank of fuel. greedy uncomfortable thing roll on my new l200 coming at least its warmer and a little more better on mpg.

You forgot noisy :clapper:

my d22 drinks fuel for fun doesnt matter how i drive it or what im doing its always thirsty my dads 300tdi is better for sure but not loads like said probably 8mpg i suppose it does add up though but i need a pick up for my work and i dont think theres many out there that do much better in 4x4 my mates ford ranger 2x4 is a definate improvement depends whether you need 4x4 expect you do

Edited by farmboy99