jeyes fluid

i have been using jeyes fluid for about 12 years to clean the kennels and runs. and put it in a spray bottle to spray down sleeping boxe's and kennels. and the ferrets hutches is it the best stuff on the market or not i would like to know what everyone else uses for cleaning and disinfecting

Mate -It is best to vary any use of disenfectants because no single brand does it all and bacteria and viruses can and will build up immunity to constant use of one product .Personally ,I switch between bleach of any brand ,vircon S,and iodine .There is currantly an upserge in the parvo -virus so hygiene has never been so important as it is now .

Mate -It is best to vary any use of disenfectants because no single brand does it all and bacteria and viruses can and will build up immunity to constant use of one product .Personally ,I switch between bleach of any brand ,vircon S,and iodine .There is currantly an upserge in the parvo -virus so hygiene has never been so important as it is now .

vircon s i have never heard of that foxdropper were do you buy it from. cheers king

Jeyes is'nt what it was....... is it :no: .

No it's not, i used to use it regularly, but the makers of Jeyes were made to alter the chemical make up of it a good few years back now, i'm sure it was because of safety reasons with breathing in the fumes from it.

I have been using cresol which is the same as the old type jeyes fluid, which is strong as feck you can feel it catching the back of your throat, i was paying £10 a gallon from the local feed merchants for it, but i havent had it for a while now.

SINDASOX B)

Jeyes is'nt what it was....... is it :no: .

it does'nt smell the same does it,not as nice.i still use it at summer just because its a clean smell more for the neighbours benifit really :) the old stuff i found i got toe nail probs on the dogs if i used it everyday,there nails used to break and snap easy with it,anyone else have this problem?(maybe i made it to strong)nowadays i use a variety, virkon s,bleach mainly and jeyes every now and then. :)

Guest Nightwalker
i have been using jeyes fluid for about 12 years to clean the kennels and runs. and put it in a spray bottle to spray down sleeping boxe's and kennels. and the ferrets hutches is it the best stuff on the market or not i would like to know what everyone else uses for cleaning and disinfecting

Unless you have a lot of dogs coming and going, a bitch about to whelp or unless you have real filth to clear up I cant see an advantage in using any disinfectant. Your dogs and ferrets will have resistance to most of the bugs around and their inocculations should protect them against the real killers like distemper and parvo. The disinfectant costs money and has the potential to cause skin, lung and eye problems for the dogs and induce resistance in the bugs. Simple physical removal of dirt and waste- i.e. washing down and brushing out etc ought to do the job. Keep the kennels spotlessly clean and tidy, the dogs jabbed and treated for worms, fleas and mange etc and you should never need any kind of disinfectant.

Edited by Nightwalker
They've changed the recipe of Jeyes. Had to because of the EU. :rolleyes:

Just wondering has Duramitex had its recipe changed aswell.Ive used it for years but it doesnt seem to be as strong as it was.A few greyhound lads that I know also say it isnt the same stuff either.I done all me runs and kennels a while back with it and the next day there was a couple of live fleas in the kennel.This has never happened to me before.I also use Jeyes Fluid and Bleach alternatively to clean my runs.

i used jeyes for years but in the last few months ive started useing stuff called battles black seems really good stuff

i have never heard of some of the stuff people are mentioning on here and there's me thinking jeyes was the dog's bollock's im wrong again i think :icon_redface::D

WELL LADS ,

TO BE HONEST ... BLEACH .. IS AS GOOD AS ANYTHING ON THE MARKET ........ " IF " ........USED REGULARY ,

HOWEVER I USE ..........BATTLES BLACK...... ABOUT TWICE A WEEK ....... SAME AS OLD JEYES , ONLY THREE TIMES AS STRONG , REAL GOOD GEAR :yes:

ALSO I USE SODA CRYSTALS , WHICH ARE VERY CHEAP AND WHEN MIXED WITH HOT WATER THEY BECOME THE BEST DE GREASER AVAILABLE ...IMO ... I USE THEM AROUND THE WALLS , KENNEL SIDES ETC WHERE DOGS RUB ...... GOOD STUFF :yes:

STILL GOT 6 GALLON OF TRIGENE AND HAVE USED VIRIKON SINCE THE FOOT AND MOUTH OUT BREAK ...... THOUGH I TEND TO USE THESE ON MY BIRDS / POULTRY

ALL THE BEST DUCKWING ;)