David Harcombes New Book....

Work Them Hard, Treat Them Like Hero’s.

By David Harcombe.

Do you know what a Magnum Opus is? It is the greatest single work, of the highest class, the pièce de résistance. All these go some way to describing the standard of this terrier book I have in front of me.

On the front cover we see two hard worked terriers, all grit, blood and passion and, incidentally, this is what can be found throughout this books 330+ pages. Dave takes us from his early days, days where he was as poor as a church mouse, right up to present and all the good workers in between. He has made mistakes along the way and these are discussed with honesty, telling the reader that he is not infallible by any stretch of the word.

The book is split into chapters, some detailing his best dogs over the years, others discussing the fox, entering terriers and glimpses back into his diaries of old when he first started dong the terriers for the packs in Wales. Badger digging too has not escaped his pen and this sport is given a thorough dissection, with some very candid accounts and opinions on the matter. Its all in here, and believe me when I say it, it’s a bloody riveting read.

Dave has wrote with brutal honesty, indeed, some times he may have been too honest about the work his terriers did, but at least we know where the man stands, he nails his colours firmly to the mast. But that’s what we expect from a book like this. No dancing around issues, just straight talking, even if it may upset a few of our opponents.

I could go on and on, and believe me when I say you will not be disappointed for it is by far the best terrier book I have ever read. I know you wont be disappointed and I am certain this book will be rated as #1 by terriermen for many years to come…….

Order your copy today!

J Darcy.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got me copy

Managed to have a look throw at the pictures

Then it was whisked away and wraped up as

a present for exmas from the kids

Hope im in when i get JDs new book im gonna hide

it and read it when shes not about

Mick..

By David Harcombe.

Do you know what a Magnum Opus is? It is the greatest single work, of the highest class, the pièce de résistance. All these go some way to describing the standard of this terrier book I have in front of me.

On the front cover we see two hard worked terriers, all grit, blood and passion and, incidentally, this is what can be found throughout this books 330+ pages. Dave takes us from his early days, days where he was as poor as a church mouse, right up to present and all the good workers in between. He has made mistakes along the way and these are discussed with honesty, telling the reader that he is not infallible by any stretch of the word.

The book is split into chapters, some detailing his best dogs over the years, others discussing the fox, entering terriers and glimpses back into his diaries of old when he first started dong the terriers for the packs in Wales. Badger digging too has not escaped his pen and this sport is given a thorough dissection, with some very candid accounts and opinions on the matter. Its all in here, and believe me when I say it, it’s a bloody riveting read.

Dave has wrote with brutal honesty, indeed, some times he may have been too honest about the work his terriers did, but at least we know where the man stands, he nails his colours firmly to the mast. But that’s what we expect from a book like this. No dancing around issues, just straight talking, even if it may upset a few of our opponents.

I could go on and on, and believe me when I say you will not be disappointed for it is by far the best terrier book I have ever read. I know you wont be disappointed and I am certain this book will be rated as #1 by terriermen for many years to come…….

Order your copy today!

J Darcy.

Mine is on the way of santa JD a will be looking forward to an amazing read over the christmas period, thanks.

Luke.

By David Harcombe.

Order your copy today!

J Darcy.

anybody know of any links to buy this on internet haven't got a cheque book to buy out of cmw cheers willy :thumbs: