more coyote pics

Christ fellas...I wrote the story behind those pics a few days ago, and had one response, the pics get posted and its 14+ pages...I guess a picture IS worth a thousand words... :o

1 response or 1,000 dont matter much I guess...I will be out doing the same thing in a day or two, and maybe I will even post some more pics... :whistling:

Take care.

Edited by UphillDoc

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would you say there are people who are rather irresponsible about their trapping methods? I think that's where a lot of misconception comes from, my own included.

Erm, you eat bobcat? .... Americans are wacky :doh: I'd have a hard time eating something that looked vaguely like one of my pets :laugh:

Thanks for answering the questions Aaron :thumbs:

Trapping irresponsibly creates more problems than it's worth ,LG. Keep in mind , most folks who do this wanna make a little money ,too. Certainly not alot, but hopefully enough to off-set costs. Setting in bad areas with livestock and pet traffic is going to be counter-productive, and not abiding by the law can get real expensive real quick. So their is no point . 'Sides, trapping productively requires alot of woodsmanship. Think about it...your goal is to cause an animal to step on an object as big around as a silver dollar. Out of acres and acres, you need it to place it's foot in a 1.5 to 2" circle in order to trigger the trap.

Now hear are a couple of examples of traps I use...also included is a chain with an earth anchor and shock spring which is exactly my set-up that I use .

post-41526-125796334933.jpg

post-41526-125796336476.jpg

post-41526-1257963383.jpg

Christ fellas...I wrote the story behind those pics a few days ago, and had one response, the pics get posted and its 14+ pages...I guess a picture IS worth a thousand words... :o

1 response or 1,000 dont matter much I guess...I will be out doing the same thing in a day or two, and maybe I will even post some more pics... :whistling:

Take care.

Give 'em hell ,Doc.

well said simoman, and unfit what a fool you have made out of yourself you come across as an anti, pherhaps the hunting life inevitably (culling of animals) aint for you. maybie you should team up with hugh fearnley whitingstall to campaign against battery hens? get a life oooohhhhh actually get a job you lazy moron pussy :feck:

another brown noser .

red raven...its is not illigal to do what dan is doing in the states,he is sharing pictures of his sport with people over seas and most people on here apprechiate the time he has taken to post those pics.if you arnt interested in hunting with dogs and dont agree with it you are in the wrong section.i dont think dan posted those pics expecting to be critisised in a lurchur section on a forum.anyways you have your say and iv had mine.im done.

as for the pics,grate as usual dan.be nice to see some more.

excuse my spelling.sh*t at spelling and worse at typing.lol atb

1. I run two checks a day ... before and after work . The longest one would be in a trap would be 12 hours. Everybody keeps talking about the freaking sun. Trapping season is in the fall and winter. They sun themselves this time of year. Sheesh...

2. They are either shot or relocated...

relocated my arse wat with half a leg

I think you will find that these are humane leg hold traps, with a rubber buffer on the inside of the jaws.

I do not use the rubber... 'soft catch' ...what happens when the temp falls below freezing is it becomes hard and brittle and shatters leaving sharp edges. It seems to hurt the animal more than straight steel . I am basing that on how much of a catch circle I have upon checking. A catch circle is an area around the set where the animal has been fighting the trap. My catch circles with the 'soft catch ' are deeper ,wider and more prominent than straight steel .

Again, for the people who are having reading comprehension issues ... I have snapped my own hand and fingers in a MB- 650/750 and it smarts some... but it's not all that bad.

i cant see why i cant hunt deer with my dogs ,after all they only get the bottom of the leg ,and i have had all my dogs teeth taken out and replaced with RUBBER ones ,and dont no one one here call me a liar , o and im realy from AMERICA,, :tongue2: if you beleave that you will also beleave that this sort of trap dont cause any probs to live animals .

Edited by UNFIT

Take care.

Please do mate... thanks for sharing them with us dan, doc and aaron... :thumbs:

It amazes me how some folk, that hunt in their own ways, are sooo blinkered and ill-infromed about other control methods.

Im a pest controller, and I know it pays off to have every tool available at your disposal. If I get a call about a problem fox(s) The best way to deal with it asap for the landowner could be anything from shooting with rifle, snaring, trapping, digging with terrier (gamebird protection), driving to guns using hounds/crosses etc.. Always a lurcher handy to pick up any wounded by the guns.

I know that the traps you use in the USA for coyotes and bobcats etc will simply hold the animal, unharmed until shot or released. No suffering needed if good codes of practice are stuck to. Same with snares over here... unlike UNFIT thinks, snares are NOT meant to kill by strangulation at all, but simply to hold the captured animal for dispatch. These methods are essential for PEST CONTROLLERS, as they are often quick to set, and are working whilst your in bed.

I honestly cant belive how people can argue blindly about something they know little about, and base their critisism on their emmotionally mis-guided observations. UNFIT, Out Lamping and Iceman.... why dont you take a leaf out of Lurcher Grrl's book, and next time, ask about the things you dont know, instead of jumping in with crazy and uneducated nonsense like 'ITS CRUEL',FFS. You sound no different to full on ANTI's.....I cant stand a hypocrite, and thats exactly what you 3 are!

My point exactly, or at least I think that is what you say. If you presented a more humane face to hunting, as this board tries to do, you might not have had such opposition to hunting with dogs in this country. Why do you think people were against it, one look on here is enough to make any average person think it is not the most humane method, beside the fact that there seems a terrible amount of 'pleasure' derived from it. The less the general public see the less they will be likely to object. It is common sense. This sort of thing should be shared privately if it has to be shared.

No I am not an anti, I would rather shoot a Coyote or Wolf, as many Americans I know do, rather than use dogs.

if you would rather shoot these pests why the f**k would you be looking on the working dogs forum.

keep them pics coming mate i think there f**king great

Would you say there are people who are rather irresponsible about their trapping methods? I think that's where a lot of misconception comes from, my own included.

Erm, you eat bobcat? .... Americans are wacky :doh: I'd have a hard time eating something that looked vaguely like one of my pets :laugh:

Trapping irresponsibly creates more problems than it's worth ,LG. Keep in mind , most folks who do this wanna make a little money ,too. Certainly not alot, but hopefully enough to off-set costs. Setting in bad areas with livestock and pet traffic is going to be counter-productive, and not abiding by the law can get real expensive real quick. So their is no point . 'Sides, trapping productively requires alot of woodsmanship. Think about it...your goal is to cause an animal to step on an object as big around as a silver dollar. Out of acres and acres, you need it to place it's foot in a 1.5 to 2" circle in order to trigger the trap.

Now hear are a couple of examples of traps I use...also included is a chain with an earth anchor and shock spring which is exactly my set-up that I use .

Those things look kinda menacing :icon_eek: But I'll take your word for it, as you seem a sensible sort (for an American :laugh:). Aside from concern about the pelts you may use, I assume from your replies that your goal is to be humane and not cause suffering?

And if that's the case then there should be some respect for people who have an ethical attitude when trapping.

Some folks will say hunting rabbits/deer/fox with your dogs is cruel - and many, many of us would argue that it is not. If people who are against it or are unsure would take the time, wouldn't we rather they ask questions and make an informed decision than to paint us all with one big, bloody brush? There are lots of people who hunt with dogs in an unethical way with regards to both their prey and the countryside in general but we don't all do that. So I guess it must be the same for trapping as well. Until now I've held the opinion that it's a barbaric practice.

Despite the earlier slanging this has been a really interesting thread :D

Those things look kinda menacing :icon_eek: But I'll take your word for it, as you seem a sensible sort (for an American :laugh:). Aside from concern about the pelts you may use, I assume from your replies that your goal is to be humane and not cause suffering?

And if that's the case then there should be some respect for people who have an ethical attitude when trapping.

Some folks will say hunting rabbits/deer/fox with your dogs is cruel - and many, many of us would argue that it is not. If people who are against it or are unsure would take the time, wouldn't we rather they ask questions and make an informed decision than to paint us all with one big, bloody brush? There are lots of people who hunt with dogs in an unethical way with regards to both their prey and the countryside in general but we don't all do that. So I guess it must be the same for trapping as well. Until now I've held the opinion that it's a barbaric practice.

An animal that is hurting is going to struggle alot ...a struggling animal will break the jaws,pull out,break the anchor and so on. It's all about using the right tool for the job.

Good post , btw. :thumbs:

An animal that is hurting is going to struggle alot ...a struggling animal will break the jaws,pull out,break the anchor and so on. It's all about using the right tool for the job. :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Good post , btw. :thumbs:

It would be a hugh shame if the American lads said "fvck it", and didn't bother posting again,just because one or two people have a problem with their posts !! I, for one, and I suspect many more members, look forward to seeing posts about dogs hunting quarry that most on here can only dream about ! Keep at it lads, and keep posting !

Cheers.

It would be a hugh shame if the American lads said "fvck it", and didn't bother posting again,just because one or two people have a problem with their posts !! I, for one, and I suspect many more members, look forward to seeing posts about dogs hunting quarry that most on here can only dream about ! Keep at it lads, and keep posting !

Cheers.

i agree but no more pics of animals left to suffer for hours on end .