more coyote pics

BOYS will you simmer down ffs!! :doh:

I've gotten lost in the mutltitude of quotes whilst you've all been arguing so I want to ask:

1. When the coyotes are trapped, how long on average are they there and in what conditions, ie are they often left in full blazing sun for hours on end etc?

2. By what means are they despatched? Are they shot? Are they left in the traps for the dogs to have a go at? Are they let loose for the dogs to course?

Just wondering as I have NO idea what the typical practice is.

Personally I'm not fond of the idea of trapping, if the traps aren't checked religiously and very often. I can see where Unfit is coming from and I would tend to agree that from the outside looking in it doesn't seem right. But, if the animals are despatched quickly and humanely then I should think that's what's important? If they're sitting there with their legs in bits, in full exposure to the elements and in pain for hours and hours on end well, I must say that method doesn't really blow my skirt up even tho I understand there are land management issues to consider.

.... now fellas, be nice to the little Canadian lass, please :laugh:

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just seen the pics of the yotes in the traps and i agree with unfit that is cruel, thats not hunting its no sport either

What's cruel about it ? The fact that they have to hang out for awhile ? And no shit,it's not hunting ...it's a management practice.

Anyone says it's cruel has no experience with it. It's OK to be uninformed.

management practice is no excuse for cruelty,and hang out for a while does not make it sound any better,i cant remember the excuse or the words used by your army for the torture and pain they inflicted on inocent iraqies ,but they was found out in the end ,i hope you are shown for what you are as well one day .

Ahhh...so we have to go there with it.

Tsk,tsk...

Obviously, you can't let the merits of the argument stand on their own...that happens with people who use emotion in place of logic.

I give you personal experiences with equipment that you have never used and know nothing about... but you are to close minded to accept it. Brilliant !!!

Edited by UNFIT

my god for the 1st time since l have been on this me and unfit agree with something how things can change in a day.

What you do with them traps is cruel the yotes are there for hours on end and some even try bite at there own leg to get away. Why dont you just run the dogs at them if they miss they miss and if it gets caught its over in a few mins any way with 4 dogs on the yote anyway but having it in a trap for hours then let four dogs on it is just bad crack. dont think any trap should be used and if so a trap cage where the door closes down behind it and then a gun used no pain or suffering.Think the usa need a ban on this sorted off traps just does not seem right in my eyes like bear bateing and seal clubing. :censored::wallbash:

I've gotten lost in the mutltitude of quotes whilst you've all been arguing so I want to ask:

1. When the coyotes are trapped, how long on average are they there and in what conditions, ie are they often left in full blazing sun for hours on end etc?

2. By what means are they despatched? Are they shot? Are they left in the traps for the dogs to have a go at? Are they let loose for the dogs to course?

Personally I'm not fond of the idea of trapping, if the traps aren't checked religiously and very often. I can see where Unfit is coming from and I would tend to agree that from the outside looking in it doesn't seem right. But, if the animals are despatched quickly and humanely then I should think that's what's important? If they're sitting there with their legs in bits, in full exposure to the elements and in pain for hours and hours on end well, I must say that method doesn't really blow my skirt up even tho I understand there are land management issues to consider.

do you think for one minute ,he will say they are left to suffer unessesary ,I DONT THINK SO SOME HOW

One more time...you use emotion in place of logic. That means you're irrational .

You say it's cruel because while restrained they are'nt being treated like a pet...lord.

Excatly what kind of Disney World is it that you think coyotes exist in ?

i can see what they have to be put through when your in their neck of the woods ,PAIN ,SUFFERING ,HUNGER ,BURNT BY THE SUN ,DEHYDRATED ,STRESS. MENTAL STRESS .FEAR, AND IT GOES ON FOR HOURS ON END what a lovely way to end your last hours on this planet , :censored:

Burnt by the sun ? Pssst..you trap in the fall and winter, when the furs are prime . If you look closely, Mr. Observant, you'll notice the frost on the ground.

So there ya go , Coyote Whisperer.

Edited by Aaron Proffitt

my god for the 1st time since l have been on this me and unfit agree with something how things can change in a day.

What you do with them traps is cruel the yotes are there for hours on end and some even try bite at there own leg to get away. Why dont you just run the dogs at them if they miss they miss and if it gets caught its over in a few mins any way with 4 dogs on the yote anyway but having it in a trap for hours then let four dogs on it is just bad crack. dont think any trap should be used and if so a trap cage where the door closes down behind it and then a gun used no pain or suffering.Think the usa need a ban on this sorted off traps just does not seem right in my eyes like bear bateing and seal clubing. :censored::wallbash:

whats wrong with seal clubbing??????????

:clapper: and that is all your getting :D

whats wrong with seal clubbing??????????

nothing tomo ,when you breed your next litter of pups ,let me know i could do with a couple of pairs of socks ,and just think ,you or the pups mother will be saved from all that looking after they would have needed :whistling:

One more time...you use emotion in place of logic. That means you're irrational .

You say it's cruel because while restrained they are'nt being treated like a pet...lord.

Excatly what kind of Disney World is it that you think coyotes exist in ?

i can see what they have to be put through when your in their neck of the woods ,PAIN ,SUFFERING ,HUNGER ,BURNT BY THE SUN ,DEHYDRATED ,STRESS. MENTAL STRESS .FEAR, AND IT GOES ON FOR HOURS ON END what a lovely way to end your last hours on this planet , :censored:

Burnt by the sun ? Pssst..you trap in the fall and winter, when the furs are prime . If you look closely, Mr. Observant, you'll notice the frost on the ground.

So there ya go , Coyote Whisperer.

PSST what about the rest . :wallbash:

1. I run two checks a day ... before and after work . The longest one would be in a trap would be 12 hours. Everybody keeps talking about the freaking sun. Trapping season is in the fall and winter. They sun themselves this time of year. Sheesh...

2. They are either shot or relocated...

Its a great shame that a topic showing another method of hunting from another country has turned into bollocks rather than debate, it would be a shame to bin the thread.

Now I'll spell this clearly, debate is good, mindless bollocks isn't, I know Im an expert, Unfit, you have made your opinions known, and thats what it is, YOUR opinion which your entitled too but this harping on is busting my balls, Aaron, I think it would be good to answer lurchergrrls questions, Unfit, you have made your point, please take this friendly advice and any further arguments take them to pms, last and final warning...........

well ive never heard so much bickering ive hunted in the states formalong time and had some great fun and if we brits were a bit more clever we would not have had the ban on hunting aloud dan enjoy youir sport however you want i to have hunted al sorts over the pond as they say, as for silly bickering hang up the hand bags as the usa still are aloud to course hares coyotes etc without ant hassle we cant , such is life

Its a great shame that a topic showing another method of hunting from another country has turned into bollocks rather than debate, it would be a shame to bin the thread.

Now I'll spell this clearly, debate is good, mindless bollocks isn't, I know Im an expert, Unfit, you have made your opinions known, and thats what it is, YOUR opinion which your entitled too but this harping on is busting my balls, Aaron, I think it would be good to answer lurchergrrls questions, Unfit, you have made your point, please take this friendly advice and any further arguments take them to pms, last and final warning...........

he is saved by the bell :boxing: ,YOU , :D plus i got to go shopping ,not for traps i might add ,but suntan oil , im of for some R&R to the place they have dog on the menue .i just hope it was not left to suffer :bye:looks like its just in time WHIN is back :o Edited by UNFIT

Ok thanks for that Aaron - I have zilch experience of trapping. Whereabouts do you relocate to, just out of curiosity.

Do the traps not ever cause damage to the animals then? Have you any information about the type of trap you use - a link or photo maybe?

Edited by lurchergrrl