good old fasioned starlings

ohhhh almost forgot..

i got my fat balls out, jigged um up a bit then stuck um out the window, dont think any one notised but took some doing to get 12 feet into the tree oposite... now to see who comes.

:o

Edited by ghillies

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Starling, in full plumage is a real gem of a bird.......I often think that, if they were rare then they would be noticed and respected more. As it is, people just see a black "bird" that sits of the telegraph wires making daft noises!!

I often thought about looking for one to hand rear, but its time...sadly time stops me from doing such projects, though i should imagine having a tame Starling would be a great experience. I actually rescued a youngster from behind the fire several years ago, but after force feeding it for a day i let it fly free again....perhaps i should have kept him.....

Still, we should'nt cage a wild bird......JD

p.s Kay, get a hamster guard for the front of the dyson!! :D

ohhhh almost forgot..

i got my fat balls out, jigged um up a bit then stuck um out the window, dont think any one notised but took some doing to get 12 feet into the tree oposite... now to see who comes.

:o

ummmm... well I just hope it's not a woodpecker... :icon_redface:

red or green pecker?

Lovely birds - I like to watch them bathing as a flock in puddles, all flapping and squawking. Also swarming in formation at dusk in the navy and pink sky, before just suddenly disappearing into the tree they roost in, it really is quite spectacular and a pleasure to watch.

Guest Bubbleduck

Went out shooting today and there must have been several hundred starlings in a nearby tree, the chattering was amazing. After 20 minutes or so they all took off and the sky went dark, it sounded just like thunder. :o

They're definitely not rare round here lol! :D