• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here we go again.Dident get a wee prize to take home.So the teddy gose out of the pram.Listen mate .Now dont you go telling anyone else this.You keep it to yourself.IT,S ALL FOR FUN YOU TWAT. We all l

hi all just joined this site after heering much talk about it.did any one see the standerd ov judging at broughton on sunday

Here we go again.Dident get a wee prize to take home.So the teddy gose out of the pram.Listen mate .Now dont you go telling anyone else this.You keep it to yourself.IT,S ALL FOR FUN YOU TWAT. We all like to be winners but if not fair play.Take it like a man.How dare you blame the judging.Do you think they put an add in the paper.Thease guys know the score.They have owned and bred a certain strain of dog for years.Most of them from young lads.Do yourself a favor mate dont come to the show.Infact keep your dogs in the car.Let us who enjoy the crack have a good day out.atb. Catcher 1

• Like 1
Guest rocky4
hi all just joined this site after heering much talk about it.did any one see the standerd ov judging at broughton on sunday

Here we go again.Dident get a wee prize to take home.So the teddy gose out of the pram.Listen mate .Now dont you go telling anyone else this.You keep it to yourself.IT,S ALL FOR FUN YOU TWAT. We all like to be winners but if not fair play.Take it like a man.How dare you blame the judging.Do you think they put an add in the paper.Thease guys know the score.They have owned and bred a certain strain of dog for years.Most of them from young lads.Do yourself a favor mate dont come to the show.Infact keep your dogs in the car.Let us who enjoy the crack have a good day out.atb. Catcher 1

:clapper::clapper::clapper: well said

:clapper::clapper::clapper: well said

I pesonally don't show my dogs never have. I don't feel the need to chase red rosetts, rabbits are much tastier. Those who like to show their dogs through the summer should take the judges decision as final. Derek Webster is an honest quality dog man. I have plenty of time for him he knows his stuff. Not like a lot of the half wits that seem to be in the lurcher world.

i also know derek and have seen him judge.always fair and honest.....judging is not the easiest of things to do but he always does a first class job......he knows his dogs and ferrets

heres a couple of dereks dogs,doing what they do best,working hard

mini-DSC_0134.jpg

mini-DSC_0029.jpg

Dont Know Derek Webster and I didn't go to the show, and see what was picked and what wasnt, but I feel I have to comment on this thread.

First and foremost if anyone had a problem with his judging why didn't they either tell him or the show organiser,AT THE SHOW why wait to slag him off behind a keyboard,I myself have judged many a show never been paid never want to be except a bottle of whisky and I gave it back to the organiser for a raffle prize.I enjoy after the show if anyone asks why I didn't pick their dog explaining why particularly Youngsters,but I would not be prepared to do it on here.It is easy to Judge a show from the ringside,its having the balls to stand in the ring in either pissing down rain or boiling hot sun and not pick somebodys 10 a night hare and fox killing dog.

Derek if those are your dogs please contact me via pm I would be interested in having You to Judge for me in 2010.

I've been known to criticise a judge or two :whistling: , and also to praise a judge; depending on the job they did;... but one thing is CERTAIN, no one should criticise a judge unless they are also willing to give their own time and money, (I've judged shows as far apart as Glasgow and Derby, and diesel ain't cheap any more !!), and get in the ring and do the job !! Yes, there are good and bad judges, but without them, there wouldn't be shows !

Cheers.

judges dont get a easy job and they carnt please them all or we would all have

a red rosette cubboard full of them

just a pick of fun and to tal to like mined folk wi lurcher/terriers

if it that much to some folk get a kc reg dog and try showing at crufts if you get there

and i can assure you you wont be happy with them either

just take it with a pinch of salt and enjoy the day :clapper:

Knowing Derek Webster personally he is one of the best lurchermen about today!

And there is a lot of people on some of these forums would do well to take notice of him.

Regards FT

neva herd ov him mate wat strain ov dogs does he keep

I was asked to judge a show this year,.Because of comments like this i declined.But i honestly beleive that if a judge knows his stuff its his choice.After all is that not his job?Wether or not you have dealt or heard of him in the past does that make a difference.Each club must know or must have heard of the judge before they ask him or her to judge.Rant over,

clachan

so clachan what qualifications do you posses to become a judge after all your still a novice in this game are you not , please enlighten me with the blarney i know you do posses your sincerly irish lad :11:

I once judged at the wortley show in 1981 even though i was a young man some of the comments made my mind up never to judge lurchers again .I penned a letter to the shooting times how the show craze was going to be the downfall of the ultimate poachers dog.thank god i was wrong

I once judged at the wortley show in 1981 even though i was a young man some of the comments made my mind up never to judge lurchers again .I penned a letter to the shooting times how the show craze was going to be the downfall of the ultimate poachers dog.thank god i was wrong

poacher is there still a show held at wortley dont do shows but i also used to go wortley late 70s early 80s just a thought as show kept going. :thumbs:

there was people who was stood round the ring watching and puting there dogs bak in cars once they watched the standard ov judging herd a lot ov people said the man didnt no wat he was looking for.
Put your pet lip away lad :icon_redface: if you can do better put your name forward to judge a show. if all your worried about is the judge never picked your dog out i think you should get yourself a poodle as ive always looked at showing lurchers as a way to pass the closed season yes we've seen good and bad judges but i dont think crying on a forum is gonna get your dog a red rosette if your that disheartened im sure i may have one somewhere you can have free of charge and thats without seeing your mutt :whistling::whistling::whistling: