Greyhound x Boxer cross?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I read somewhere that sighthound blood was used in the makeup of the boxer

Antonio Nores Martinez who developed one of the best big game hunting dogs the world has ever seen(The Dogo Argentino)used boxers in his breeding programme.

Posted Images

Guest rodsmith

excellent,more future dogs for the pound or a hole in the ground.theres always 1 irresponsible dog owner thats to tight to take their bitch to the vets for the morning after jab(so to speak).

Sorry to say mate, but what you got there is a litter of crap.

It's no good people trying to talk the boxer up, thats like when the commentator, at crufts, say's, "this terrier is still a plucky little worker" bollox.

Drown the feckin lot of them. :D

They use a few boxer crosses for pigs in australia, seen them on a few sites, and i assume they wouldnt be kept if they couldnt do the job. That said, a coyote is a very different quarry and i doubt you would get the stamina needed from a first cross. Even line bred coyote dogs have a high percent of wastage so it may be a bit much to expect from a first cross out of unproven parents. The only 100% way to find out is to try one as the pups are already imminent but its not a cross that appeals to me.

Good luck and keep us posted :thumbs:

Might be worth keeping one to try it, but be prepared for it not to work out. Going by some of the other American coyote hunters on here, a pit x isn't much cop for coyote hunting either mind, so I wouldn't set my hopes too high.

Is your bitch the old style boxer or new style with the short snout and short legs? Not the best of mixes its got be said but by the looks of the post your not trying to make it out to be brilliant. Might make a good pet or just a project if you've time but if its old style it wouldn't be so bad but new style.... with legs and faces like them best just find the pups family homes.

Atb

Leanne

Interesting experiment but i wouldn't take it beyound even if the pup turns out ok it will likely be down to the greyhound genes rather than the boxer so a next generation may throw a few dodgy boxer genes and spoil an otherwise good line. Having said that i look forward to how a pup turns out so please post progress if you keep one.

Good luck s

Guest rodsmith
Sorry to say mate, but what you got there is a litter of crap.

It's no good people trying to talk the boxer up, thats like when the commentator, at crufts, say's, "this terrier is still a plucky little worker" bollox.

Drown the feckin lot of them. :D

:yes::thumbs::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

Guest anonymous
Cant see it working but having said that i had a collie cross springer spaniel who was a great rabbiter.

collies and springers still work, i have a collie x springer bred from working parents, he's old and in good condition and i think that theres alot to be said for the cross, that said, boxers arent workers... generally.

atb

wbk

What do you use it for, rounding up ducks? Seriously, what do you use a collie/springer cross for and was it meant?

I didnt get her for rabbting initially but she used to come along with the lurchers and done a fantastic job.She was a very fast and very fit dog though not like the fat ones you see nowadays.She was also pretty good at catching a few other things.Never ever thought it would have worked but it did my gsd bitch had a few bunnies in her time too.Again not a fat gsd like the usual nowadays but a very sleek slender type