Greyhound x Boxer cross?

Does anyone have experience or a picture of a greyhound x boxer cross? I've done grey x bull crosses in the past, but our greyhound bred our boxer and she is definately pregnant and due in 1 month.

The boxer bitch is extremely quick and smart. She is our family pet and not allowed by my wife to go on any rabbit hunts.

Anyone have experience with this cross?

Thanks...Tony

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I read somewhere that sighthound blood was used in the makeup of the boxer

Antonio Nores Martinez who developed one of the best big game hunting dogs the world has ever seen(The Dogo Argentino)used boxers in his breeding programme.

Posted Images

Does anyone have experience or a picture of a greyhound x boxer cross? I've done grey x bull crosses in the past, but our greyhound bred our boxer and she is definately pregnant and due in 1 month.

The boxer bitch is extremely quick and smart. She is our family pet and not allowed by my wife to go on any rabbit hunts.

Thanks...Tony

i dont have any experience with that breed but keep one back and give it a try you never no you could have the next best thing since sliced bread ,after all look at collie crooses they was once the best thing now its bull crosses you never no

Thanks...Tony

i dont have any experience with that breed but keep one back and give it a try you never no you could have the next best thing since sliced bread ,after all look at collie crooses they was once the best thing now its bull crosses you never no

the bull crosses are just good for foxes, heavy artilery, there not good coursing dogs, the collie greyhound will always be the all round lurcher, not your ned bull xs foamin out the mouth

greyhound cross wae a boxer would never make a good lurcher, sell the lot of them n save yourself the greif of tryin ae make a good dog out of one because it will never happen

atb

Thanks...Tony

the bull crosses are just good for foxes, heavy artilery, there not good coursing dogs, the collie greyhound will always be the all round lurcher, not your ned bull xs foamin out the mouth

greyhound cross wae a boxer would never make a good lurcher, sell the lot of them n save yourself the greif of tryin ae make a good dog out of one because it will never happen

atb

I believe I heard that as well about the greyhound being part of the boxer makeup. I understand that the cross would be only good for heavy artilery, but bear in mind that I am going to be coursing coyotes....much larger and more agressive than a fox. I plan on having other lurchers for coursing hares.

This is helpful, let's hear some more opinions.

Thanks...Tony

Guest fence_hopper

i agree sell the lot save your self the hassle the boxer has no place in the field and are in another way of putting it faggots.get your self a good pit or use a half cross if you want more speed. my mate has a greyhound dog and is hard as nails like i say on the land your running will be a hard dog to beat. oh and i feel sorry for the poor greyhound that bares the offspring of a boxer the poor bitch no need for that lol

i agree sell the lot save your self the hassle the boxer has no place in the field and are in another way of putting it faggots.get your self a good pit or use a half cross if you want more speed. my mate has a greyhound dog and is hard as nails like i say on the land your running will be a hard dog to beat. oh and i feel sorry for the poor greyhound that bares the offspring of a boxer the poor bitch no need for that lol

The Boxer is part of the Molosser dog group, developed in Germany in the late 1800s from the now extinct Bullenbeisser, a dog of Mastiff descent, and Bulldogs brought in from England. The Bullenbeisser had been working as a hunting dog for centuries, employed in the pursuit of bear, wild boar, and deer. Its task was to seize the prey and hold it until the hunters arrived. In later years, faster dogs were favored and a smaller Bullenbeisser was bred in Brabant, in northern Belgium. It is generally accepted that the Brabanter Bullenbeisser was a direct ancestor of today's Boxer.[1

:hmm: could be quite typey with more grey blood in the mix.....you never know

The only thing that boxers have done for generations is snore, mince around a show ring and die prematurley of heart attacks and cancer..................

Nobody would breed this cross intentionally but if you are keeping the litter then best o luck bit the odds of them doing anything decent in the field are slim, also you mention you are coursing coyotes? I'm sure there are fellas over there who spend there life breeding and working to maintain a good line of dogs to take coyote and even then i'm sure getting a good percentage of the litter to a acceptable standard is difficult s I guess your boxer/greys will have slim chance of turning out as coyote dogs.....................

I appreciate all the replies. This was an accidental breeding and I'm wondering if I should keep back a pup or not to try out. I'm in search of a female pit right now to breed my greyhound dog to, as well. That was the cross I was planning to focuss on, to breed back to my black bitch and get back to 3/4 greyhound 1/4 pitbull. That is where I left off when I was raising lurchers for coyotes about 15 years ago.

I'll probably keep back a male pup out of this litter to see if it turns out or not. If not, I'll give him away to a good home.

Keep up with the replies, as they seriously help me in my search. I'm not used to being the "new guy" on a board. :D

Thanks...Tony

i wouldent of asked that question on this site because on the running dogs section on this site if your post hasent got collie x, bull x or deerhound cross in it nobody wants to know and you wont get any serious answers. i dont think that those dogs will turn out too bad because i have a boxer and when she was young she used to chase rabbits all the time and sometimes get quite close to catching them, she just aint got the mouth to pick them up.;hope they do turn out ok for you ;)

Mine was serious, using a boxer which has no background as a working dog (and I don't mean the rubbish spouted in breed specifications), over a greyhound and expecting a good percenateg o workers is wishfull thinking.

Also boxers carry some terrible genetic faults...................

SPOT ON, why f**k about with 2nd rate dogs, if you wont jaw+stamina get a good pit . ;);) they are proven+tested.??

Thanks...Tony

atb

:wacko: Little bit of sense mixed with a fair bit of nonsense there J boy.

If pups are imminent then give one a go and come back and tell us of your first hand experience, my encounters with Boxers have given me a rather jaded view of them but who knows what would happen if a "good" one got in to a lurcher mix. I would avoid the cross like the plague but would like to hear how you get on.

all the best bud.