Prejudice against hunters because of clothing?

Guest SJM

never had any bother, but my friends all joke that my wellies are glued on

a my wedding my best friend announced that it was lovely to see me with out the wellies and wearing a dress,lots of other people agreed, with that i pulled up my dress to reveal my wellies :D:clapper::clapper:

another time out shopping with my Hubie me in my riding gear him just of work and still in uniform (army) in homebase a little boy walked past turned to his mum and said is he a real live action man :D his mum said yes it is a hurried round the corner :icon_redface:

i don't know why shes embarrassed i thought t was rather cute.

i go shopping in my hunting gear all the time in fact if I'm in normal clothes is when i get the comments like don't you look different.:icon_redface:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank god there is anouther women out there who spends there life in huting gear....i wear myne most days for the reason that i got cold, and i mean really cold very easily, so every morning its on with scruffy jeans, real tree jacket and riggers or wellies(like in my pic) (dont have hunting boots yet, bloody credit crunch :laugh:)....what i love is the looks me and my boyfriend when we pop to tesco hand in hand, me in my scruffy clothes him in his army type trousers, hunting boots and jumper (he doesnt get as cold as me)....and the looks we get, i love it.....one lass in halfords (random place) had a right old stare the other week and i go crazy and i mean crazy when people stare at me and even worse when they look down at me anyway i thought right im going to leave it as the angry outbirst in public make me look like a nutter, got just past her,couldnt not say somthing, and said "COULD SHE STAIR ANYMORE" proper loud everyone in the ile turned around and she sh*t herself and scuttled off...thats the most recent one....but get it all the time think its funny as they dont expect me to retaliate :D

edited to say i do scrub up occasionally but i always say if you make an effort no one appreciates it when you do.....most people are gob smacked when i do :laugh:

Edited by JPTfellterrier
:clapper: those real tree fanatics do make me laugh, i was flickin through the countrymans weekly and found an advert for a real tree ferret box and a all real tree knife, blade and all. if this cathes on the country side will be riddled with ferrets in boxes and knives, absolutly ridiculous,

we call them the hunting chavs at the game fairs, they are to real tree what the neds are to burbbery.......LOL

haha i know the ones i used to hunt with that sort then relised what a bunch of numb skulls they were when they took the hump as i got a lurcher and they couldnt have one (they were the sort tht would nick one).....now got myself in with a better crowd i must say and wouldnt acknowledge them in the street...scum

but it becomes extreme, i go as far as coat and thermal trousers and thats enough for me....although iam imbarased to admit i do have a real tree cap :icon_redface: but i have an excuse it is my boyfriends old one and it stops me getting burnt and saves me buying one :D

Best one was stopping at a local pub for some scran and a pint after a morning clay bashing. Unfortunately a particularly unpleasant hag and known member of the local loonies was walking past the front of the pub as we sat down with a pint waiting for our food. She looked at us and started shrieking, effing and jeffing about us being cruel murdering scum. I agreed with her and said we got immense pleasure and gratification from our morning spent "murdering" and this sent th'owd dingbat off into another foul mouthed rant in front of people out enjoying a pub lunch in the sunshine. I asked her if she wanted to see what we had spent all morning "murdering" and before she could answer I pulled an unharmed clay pigeon out of my jacket pocket and held it up for everyone to see. She stormed off in a right huff as the people outside the pub laughed at her.

Edited by PeakOil

It makes me laugh all this real tree gear a have heard the yorkshire falconry club wont allow it to be worn on feild meets as its supposed to be asociated with poachers.From wat i can make out their's more prejudice in the hunting comunity in wat we dress like.atvb

I personally have had no problems with wandering into the local Tescos wearing hunting or fishing gear

Mind you each time i am in there i usually see at least one other person wearing either riding gear or hunting/fishing clothing.

I guess to a certain extend that location / demographics must play a part here, if you live within walking distance of the countryside or a riding school etc, then people will be used to seeing other people dressed such as ourselves wandering around the shops, however if the furthest that most people get to the countryside is a stroll around Hyde park then i guess we must look awfully out of place to these insular townies

If any such ignorant people where to pass comment on my attire, or to the fact that my field boots had actually recieved a light coating of mud (shock horror) then i would just point out that the jacket i happen to be wearing probably costs more than the 'man at Mr Buyrite' attire they have seen fit to clad their entire family in and leave the ignorant little tossers reeling in it

i was out with the dogs old wax coat combats & riggers some drunk twats thought i was homeless said he was gonna stab me a new arsehole

stupid c**ts :censored:

Can we hear the end of that story mate? ;)

The size of you I bet they didn't get the knife out! LOLOLOLOL

i had a fantastic one in my local super market just poped in to get some lunch and fags before a shoot day so in tweet, flat cap and so on. we were just walking past the meat setion when a woman with a box of burgers in one hand looked at me tuted a shook her head. so i stated with how can you eat meat but moan at me for shooting it i know whats in mine and you havent got a clue whats in those bugers. she went red and walked off.

It happened to me today I went into newsagents to buy the shooting times in my camo jumper I handed the women the magazine and she gave me a dirty look I said do you have a problem she goes no then gave another look paid her the money bitch should of smacked her with it

You should of popped a cap in her ass gangsta............ :D

i didnt have my gun on me that time

Guest gaz100604

and heres me thinking your a proper dolly bird sjm , ye dirrty welly wearing scrubbers lol , i tend to go hunting in my lonsdale top and trackies proper chav looking dude i am haha

:laugh: I do "chav" as well sometimes, mostly in the summer I will wear my trackies tucked into my socks with my wellies or my hunting boots, get some funny looks dressed like that too, a bit like when you see someone wearing dress shoes with a shellsuit, it just doesnt go :laugh:

love the clay pigeon story :clapper:

i love wearing me combats get funny looks at times around are village as we the only ones that hunt in are village you get asked why are you wearing that sort of cloths becouse i go hunting and its comffy [bANNED TEXT] your out with the dogs getting shitted up they ether like me or they dont and take me as they see me to many toffs in this place lol i love the scruffy look mlb

Try be 18 and living in london surrounded by wanna be gangsters and posers then getting seen wearing boots which arent their standard fimberlands....stupid gits dont realise it stops me messying up any expensive trainers and my stops my socks getting wet.

Dont even just get lookd at funny for that around my way my age genoration ask me what i am doing when they see me walking, i tell em just walking the dog and i get asked "no really, what are you doing?" lol sad thing is half of em probally own dogs...expect they are just left to get fat in their back garden <_<

Try be 18 and living in london surrounded by wanna be gangsters and posers then getting seen wearing boots which arent their standard fimberlands....stupid gits dont realise it stops me messying up any expensive trainers and my stops my socks getting wet.

Dont even just get lookd at funny for that around my way my age genoration ask me what i am doing when they see me walking, i tell em just walking the dog and i get asked "no really, what are you doing?" lol sad thing is half of em probally own dogs...expect they are just left to get fat in their back garden <_<

dont worry about it some of the best dog people i know are from london atvb

Well just been up to the hospital for a bone density scan and one of the requirements is that you should only wear clothing without any metal items ie zips, button or rivets etc.

So i search high and low and the only thing i could find were my realtree tracky bottoms and tee shirt, you should have seen the looks i got sitting in the waiting area :11:

Regards FT